cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cabover hood hinge

bwanted
Explorer
Explorer
Any one thread there cabover hinge brackets? Trying to keep them from banging. Very noisey
12 REPLIES 12

River_Sand
Explorer
Explorer
If the struts are them selves causing the banging, there is wafer washer that goes in between strut and bracket pin. You can get them from truckcampersupply.com.
River&Sand
05 Chev Ext.Cab K3500, Dmax/Alli, DRW, Reese Signature 18k, HappiJac, Jordan 2020
05 Lance 920 Truck Camper
06 Weekend Warrior LE3305, 5th Airborne, Dexter E-Z Flex ๐Ÿ˜„
01 HighJumper SandSprite 3 Dune Buggy :E

nycsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Lance struts. Im not sure what you mean by threading. They do click on the posts they attach to while moving.
A hint I found out the hard way. To avoid the strut metal bonding with the post it sits on I use a coating of Never Sieze. I had to use a torch once to get the strut off. Also the Neversieze dooes quiet things down a bit.

bwanted
Explorer
Explorer
The brackets go on the hood hinges of the truck.And also connect to the camper cabover. The struts or shocks are connected to these to keep the truck camper from bouncing These are a Lance product. Thanks

stickbowjoe
Explorer
Explorer
Ah!

You mean the camper windshield overhanger hydraulic truck hood integrator devices!

Why didn't you just say so ?!

Easy solution: take them off and carefully fling them as far as you can into the nearest large body of water.

Problem solved.

Joe
2012 Ram 3500 diesel, dually
2013 Lance 850
Pretty good truck, pretty good camper.
Just Sally (German Shorthair) and me,
full timing, and shooting and catching
most of our meat.

Bedlam
Perhaps dually swing-out brackets on the jacks?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume he's talking about the Lance struts. Either the struts are worn out or the truck is porposing a lot.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
My guess is truck to cabover strut brackets? I can't help but a bit more detail might...
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If your cabover is hinged, you probably need a new camper because it's supposed to be rigidly attached to the camper.

Obviously you mean something different. Care to share?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

rooney77
Explorer
Explorer
:?
1997 Minnie Winnie DL 29WU

bwanted
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have Don't work to good

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
bwanted wrote:
Any one thread there cabover hinge brackets? Trying to keep them from banging. Very noisey

If it is what I think, have you tried small rubber o-rings?

fredderf
Explorer
Explorer
uh , what are cabover hinge brackets ??
ford '09 350, 4x4, 5.3, sb, ex cab
'05 lance 845
'go fish....'