cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clock

POLORBR
Explorer
Explorer
Simple question. I am adding a small wall clock to the trailer. What is the best way to do this to keep it from bouncing off wall while traveling? Thanks for your ideas.
--Happy Travels--
Ralph & JoAnn
2013 Wildwood X-Lite 241QB
2003 F150 FX4 Super Cab Lariat 5.4L
28 REPLIES 28

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I used industrial strength Velcro. It allows me to remove it to adjust the controls on the back as needed.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Clock? I don't need a stinkin clock! Hang it on a hook and take it down when on the road. I"M ON VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Before retirement I had one of those that had all the numbers jumbled around at the bottom with the caption โ€œwho caresโ€. Mounted it with a screw and Velcro. Since retired and I re-read the caption. Now it rides in a cabinet.
Sweeeeeeet.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
GordonThree wrote:
When I remember to set it, the microwave is my wall clock.

Useless advice for 99.9999999% of TT owners, because very few TTs have a built in inverter to provide 120 VAC power to the microwave. And those that do have inverters are not likely to leave them on 24/7 just to power up said microwave clock.

I just look at my wrist watch or cell phones. I guess that puts me to n the 90.9999999% group.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Screw and sticky back velcro. At least that how the factory did mine on my 2005. Its still there with no problem.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
All our RV's have come with just such a clock and are/were held by a single screw and a piece of velcro.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
We hang ours on a screw in the wall of the slide out with a patch of velcro several inches below the screw. It never falls off the screw and is easy to pull the bottom of the clock away from the wall & lift to replace the battery & adjust for time zone changes.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
We use a Command Hook in the bedroom and set the clock on the bed wen traveling.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:

Useless advice for 99.9999999% of TT owners, because very few TTs have a built in inverter to provide 120 VAC power to the microwave. And those that do have inverters are not likely to leave them on 24/7 just to power up said microwave clock.
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
COmmand Strips.
Bob

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Use a 'keyhole bracket' on back of clock (Home Depot, ACE, Lowes)

And then a small piece of Command Strip/Velcro on lower porion of clock

Keyhole carries weight of clock and command strip/velcro keeps it from bouncing/rocking back-forth

This.

Or depending on the shape of the clock you can use the command strips on top and bottom or both sides.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use a 'keyhole bracket' on back of clock (Home Depot, ACE, Lowes)

And then a small piece of Command Strip/Velcro on lower porion of clock

Keyhole carries weight of clock and command strip/velcro keeps it from bouncing/rocking back-forth

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer

Otherwise, and often, I just ask Alexa.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have had one on each of our last 3 RVs. We used a screw and a small toggle bolt. It never moved even after bouncing down a couple of dirt roads, I-59 in Alabama and I-84 in Pennsylvannia.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW