cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creature Comforts Advice Wanted

RvNewbieFl
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to hear about what is your creature comforts while rv'ing... Rather it's your favorite mattress, favorite shower head, favorite grill, favorite couch, favorite stoarge containers, favorite whatever that makes your rv experience that much better... I would love to hear about it... what are some of your favorite creature comforts...?
41 REPLIES 41

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
My TT is a creature comfort. I am no longer sleeping on the ground in a tent. I have a fridge, bathroom (yea !) , hot and cold running water,

Upgrading from a popup, my comfort is the simplified setup of the new Jay Feather. Also the king bed.

Another comfort is my F-150 to pull the trailer. I can't help smiling every time I get in it, I like it that much.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
Ice maker.

MKirkland
Explorer
Explorer
Comfortable mattress, weber Q grill, ice maker. We've ordered a shade for the awning to help the AC work better in the summer. Also, we really like our dish tv satellite to keep up on the news.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Weber Q and a hammock 🙂
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

FireRob
Explorer
Explorer
Two things I wish I had in my TT

#1 would be a recliner or more comfortable place to sit while inside with the kids at night and bad weather. (My back hates the couch and dinette we have for longer than a few mins)

#2 like many others it would be a better mattress (we added a topper and it helped but it's not perfect by any means)
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC Longhorn LB DRW 4.10's Aisin Trans Auto Lvl Suspension Dual 220 Alternators

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn (traded in)

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB

Kittykath
Explorer II
Explorer II
It has to be the bed and bedding. Same mattress topper, mattress, sheets, bedding, pillows as at home. Sometimes we wake up and for a split second forget that we're in the camper. There's nothing like a good night's sleep...and waking up to a great cup of coffee.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Weber Q series grill are fantastic. Durable, quality, even heat distribution, multiple sizes for ease of transport etc.

We got a 10" thick memory foam mattress (overstock.com, walmart.com, buy.com, amazon.com etc all have good options) and we love it. We got a cheap mattress, under $300 for a full size queen, and its great for camping. I wouldn't recommend a cheap-o mattress for your bed at home, but for 45 +/- nights a month, its perfect.

Cast iron pan for cooking anything that doesn't get cooked on the grill. Cook green peppers and onions for sausage for dinner, cook peppers, onions and potatoes for breakfast and anything in between.

Nice comfy folding "director" style chair for sitting by the campfire.

Nice book.

Bag of tootsie rolls, etc for whenever.

Chips and guacamole for late night snacks.

Add an ocean, lake, river, bay or gulf to taste.

Repeat as necessary!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Rovito
Explorer
Explorer
Top three for me are 1, good mattress, 2, good camp chairs. 3, good adult beverage. If you can't relax when it's time to relax it's hard to enjoy the rest of it.
Wife says 1, traveling bathroom. 2, comfy sheets. 3, good reading material.
2001 Ford F150 pulling a KZ Sportsmen classic 19BH.

LeoandLil
Explorer
Explorer
1) Three inch Gel Foam mattress topper 2) Switched out some of the 110v outlets for the kind with USB phone chargers built-in. 3) Two inch foam block insulation in the storage compartment under the queen bed. 4) Swapped the standard analog heater wall thermostat for a digital one 50 Added a digital thermostat to the roof AC unit. 5) Upgraded the awning material to an Acrylic woven fabric and added an aluminum awning protector.
2017 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS ("near-luxury" couples coach)

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Good mattresses are a huge upgrade over most of the factory junk. Not that expensive either.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
My OWN toilet and shower. It takes a lot of work to keep the facilities at a campground clean and all it takes is one slob to mess things up for others. Most CG's do their best to keep things clean and neat but they can't keep up with the slobs. Tooth past all over the sink, people can't flush their own toilet or use so much paper that it won't flush, or just water all over the place like a pipe broke. I don't get how some people have to be so messy.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
If I was to choose only one I'd say my Snow Peak collapsible fire place; multi use, made with long lasting materials, and closes down to to about 3/4" in depth.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Folding camp chair! We went through seemingly dozens before finding comfortable ones for my wife and I. We don't spend much time actually in our camper except for sleeping, or if the weather is bad. We read a lot while camping, and /or sit around the campfire. Took years, but we finally found decent quality comfortable camp chairs. Try different chairs, everyone prefers a different type and the most expensive may not be the most comfortable for you.

Wife loves the Coleman Max that I originally got for myself at Walmart. The angle of the seat back is perfect for her.

I love the Cabela's high back chair she got for me - Cabela's Max-5 Ergo Chair... I really prefer having some sort of headrest. Visiting a friend's cabin, I brought along the Cabela's chair and he loved it so much he got one as a gift this past Christmas.

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
AC! I had it even when I was tent camping. If I can't have AC I just wouldn't camp.

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
All of it. I spend my time camping out doors. So when I go to our toyhauler, I step into our home. Where I shake off the cold, sore joints because I don't want to miss anything going on with my friends, so I tough it out. Our rig has all the comforts, it's great. If one item to say makes the biggest difference in creature comforts is the master bed room mattress. That's my suggestion.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad