cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

do you chock your TC's tires?

MKish
Explorer II
Explorer II
I always chocked the tires on my trailer when I used it. Should I be chocking the truck's tires when I'm using the TC?

I do use the parking brake. ๐Ÿ˜‰
26 REPLIES 26

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
No chock on the truck tires. On a steep slope, my wife leans against the bumper.

Lakeside

Rainier
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't hurt to chock

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
nope. that's what the e-brake is for. choks are for anything that can easily roll away, IMO, like my boat trailer, when it's detached.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I've never used wheel chocks on my truck, even when I park on leveling blocks.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
jimh425 wrote:
My TC doesn't have tires. I do use the emergency brake on the truck. ๐Ÿ˜‰

^^^^^^^LMAO.. beat me to it.. well played sir.

No... can't say I ever have, and I use ramps often. But I am a strong believer in the parking brake. Anyone that relies on "park" to hold a load, and is willing to put that much stress on the tranny, well...you're not paying attention.

Chocks are a good idea. Nothing wrong with them. Use them often, just haven't had the truck/TC parked in a position that was anything north of comfortable. Everyone has their limits of comfort.
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
I will chock the tires if I am on a slope and have one end rather high on leveling blocks. you can see the chock behind my front wheel in the pic. I was 6 or 7 lego blocks high in the back

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My TC doesn't have tires. I do use the emergency brake on the truck. ๐Ÿ˜‰

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I put the truck in gear, set the parking brake AND chock the tires. I have camped in some backwoods areas where if anything went wrong while sleeping it would end up not being very good.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

pcoplin
Explorer II
Explorer II
MKish wrote:
Not usually, but my tires aren't perched on leveling blocks at the store.

Fair enough. But once the truck is "level" on "leveling" blocks, I would assume it's "level", and therefore would not be "unlevel". ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never 'perched' my tires on levelling blocks...anywhere an d no I don' chock them either. My truck has a 'Park' detent on the shifter. That does the job for me.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

MKish
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not usually, but my tires aren't perched on leveling blocks at the store.

pcoplin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never worried about it. Do you chock your tires when you park at the store? ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B