cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Duramax

GA1dad
Explorer
Explorer
When you're cruising at 75 mph,,,,passing everyone,,, uphill,,, with camper in tow,,,, and you look down and notice the rpm's are at 1800,,,, you say to yourself "Self, buying a Duramax dually was a good decision".
88 REPLIES 88

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Jamesu wrote..."So thankful for my Diesel engine and it's comprehension brake" ...
You know, I think there might be a market for something like that....

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Just hold on.....I guess when I arrive at the service counter both Joe and I would agree that I brought my truck in.....but when I get home my wife would straighten me out and tell me, "no you took your truck in". No wonder I hated English.

I think a lot of it depends upon what colour of truck you own.
COLOR
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
Just hold on.....I guess when I arrive at the service counter both Joe and I would agree that I brought my truck in.....but when I get home my wife would straighten me out and tell me, "no you took your truck in". No wonder I hated English.

I think a lot of it depends upon what colour of truck you own.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
About 20 years ago I brought ...

Took.

I am almost certain that I took it out of my garage and brought it to the dealership.:)

If you were at home, you took it to the dealer, not brought.

If you were at the dealership, and your truck got there by someone else "bringing" it to you, then they "brought" it to you.

I want to make sure I understand this. So...if I make an appointment, it would be proper for them to ask if I can bring it in on, say, Tuesday. So now do I bring it in or take it in?

If I am understanding this correctly, Joe Service Guy at the dealership would say I brought the truck in for its appointment but I would say no, I took my my truck in for its appointment and we would both be right.

2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Huntindog wrote:
" At this point, what difference does it make? "

This is an RV forum. Not a grammar forum. My expectations here are not for perfect grammar, but knowledge pertaining to RVs.... If I cared about grammar perfection, I would be hanging out at a forum for that.

It's the RV.net tow vehicle forums... you have to argue just to argue. I say kudos to whomever it was to find something new to argue about. Its gonna be a long winter of bickering over brands and weight classes... at least an argument over grammar is a slight change;)
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

Took.

I am almost certain that I took it out of my garage and brought it to the dealership.:)

If you were at the dealership, and your truck got there by someone else "bringing" it to you, then they "brought" it to you.
" At this point, what difference does it make? "

This is an RV forum. Not a grammar forum. My expectations here are not for perfect grammar, but knowledge pertaining to RVs.... If I cared about grammar perfection, I would be hanging out at a forum for that.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cool. I'll take that as a lesson in humility and grammar both.
B&W Companion

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
there's the weight police, and then the grammar police.

Bring / Brought vs. Take!
Bob

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

Took.

Bob

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
Best video ever!
Fast forward to 4:50 for the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0LYU0AYG8
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
trail-explorer wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

Took.

B&W Companion

The_real_wild1
Explorer
Explorer
I feel the same way about my new truck. It was a good decision. As for you guys jumping on the OP about his speed well just stay in the right lane and you will be ok.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:

Took.
Bob

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
GA1dad wrote:
transamz9 wrote:

If you had bought a Cummins you could be doing it at 1600 RPM. Just sayin'.

Bwahaha,, nice!!!

And yes,, the OP knew there would be a strong, united front, who never exceed 55 chime in on the 75 mph. Just the nature of forums. :B Now that we can check that off the list,,, the point was "wow, what an effortlessly smooth tow it was.

Sure got that right. I believe and I so "feel" safer towing with my Duramax than in the old days when I was towing with my half ton F-150 gasser. Both up and down mountain passes. So thankful for my Diesel engine and it's comprehension brake.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!