directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-
46 REPLIES 46

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
To quote Fordlover "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ezbagr wrote:
Payload numbers don`t mean a whole lot when talking about 1/2 to pickup
trucks. What percentage of 1/2 ton pikup truck buyers actually looks at
the payload number? Maybe 5 percent?

Only the ones that use their truck, for a truck. Then payload means a lot. "Some" NOT all. So called 1/2 ton trucks. (BTW there is really no such thing as a 1/2 ton. Except maybe this new Ram) have more payload than a diesel 3/4 ton.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Ezbagr
Explorer
Explorer
Payload numbers don`t mean a whole lot when talking about 1/2 to pickup
trucks. What percentage of 1/2 ton pikup truck buyers actually looks at
the payload number? Maybe 5 percent?
The Jones` buy one because the Smiths` has one.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
ChooChooMan74 wrote:
alexleblanc wrote:
850lbs of payload in crewcab trim, as much of a great drivetrain as this might be its not in the right truck.
That is if you want every option known to mankind. In my opinion, that is just a glorified SUV. Drop down to a working man'struck, and you get more payload.

What, like a Lincoln LT or Escalade EXT?
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Lessmore wrote:
Was there ever an early Dodge pickup with an English Perkins diesel ? Something in deep, dark recesses of my mind tells me so.

Give the Canadian gentleman a cigar!!! :C

Perkins Diesel in a Dodge Pickup

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was there ever an early Dodge pickup with an English Perkins diesel ? Something in deep, dark recesses of my mind tells me so.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good for RAM but I have a hard time buying anything that says "ECO" anything!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
alexleblanc wrote:
850lbs of payload in crewcab trim, as much of a great drivetrain as this might be its not in the right truck.
That is if you want every option known to mankind. In my opinion, that is just a glorified SUV. Drop down to a working man'struck, and you get more payload.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
I am guessing it is going to be a huge hit. Truck utility, comfortable, full size sedan like MPG's and like I mentioned in a previous thread it would make a great boat tower. As for comparing it to early 90's 6.5 liter diesels well you really can't, today's diesels are annoyingly refined ( I hate how quiet they are)...:B, make gobs of usable power and don't smell. As for the price, all of the manufacturer's MSRP's are ridiculous, I can't imagine anyone in their right minds paying any where near MSRP.
I wouldn't consider one but I am sure plenty of people will.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
New for this application (in a pickup truck), but not a new engine in automotive or MDT truck applications in Europe. According to Wikipedia, the engine has been in the European market since 2011

Yes used in the Jeep Cherokee, not in any MDT or Light Truck.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
Funny how the detractors keep holding on to their hope that this will fail. Not enough payload, too much $$$, rated MPG is going to be low, diesel fuel is too expensive, not enough HP, payload is too low, (I am sure I am missing some, it & TP help me out), now the orders won't continue, and it's not consumers, only dealers ordering.

I look forward to your continued back pedals. This truck is going to be a winner. Nissan, Toyota and Chevy have already realized this as evidence by their entry into this or the compact truck market.

Dodge continues to be the one leading the way for innovation. Glad someone is pushing the envelope.

x2, Ram may not be getting everything perfect with this but right now they're driving the bus.

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:
Sure would make a nice toad. Wish it could be towed 4 down.

I know the RAM HD's have a neutral switch for the 4x4's. I'm sure the 1500's have one as well for the x-fer case. Still would be a little big and heavy for a toad though...
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
Funny how the detractors keep holding on to their hope that this will fail. Not enough payload, too much $$$, rated MPG is going to be low, diesel fuel is too expensive, not enough HP, payload is too low, (I am sure I am missing some, it & TP help me out), now the orders won't continue, and it's not consumers, only dealers ordering.

I look forward to your continued back pedals. This truck is going to be a winner. Nissan, Toyota and Chevy have already realized this as evidence by their entry into this or the compact truck market.

Dodge continues to be the one leading the way for innovation. Glad someone is pushing the envelope.

Not sure I read anyone wished this truck would fail, but having said that the truck does have some major roadblocks (i.e. ROI, Performance, increased fuel costs, customer perception to name a few)in order for it to be a viable success.

We had a '94 Chevy 1500 6.5 TD and it ran great and diesel fuel was even cheaper than gas, and it didn't have all the emissions equipment, but in the end they just didn't sell. The TBI 350 was just too popular and was a cheap option even though it didn't make the fuel economy as the 6.5 TD.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bionic Man wrote:

+1

Yes, competition and innovation!! I don't care if it's a Ford, Chevy, Ram, Toyota, or Nissan!! All I ask is that they all try hard to give me a reason to spend my hard-earned money on their trucks!