cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass Wax- any recommendations ?

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Northern Lite TC, and I was looking to see what wax your happy with. I didn't see any at local car shops,so I guess I'll go to a boat shop. Wanna get a coat on before my next trip, thanks K.
13 REPLIES 13

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
I HIGHLY recommend Protect-All! I've been using this stuff for about 15 years now on 1st my Northstar TC, my fibreglas boat, and for the past 10 years my Roadtrek (which has an all-fibreglas raised roof). I find the best pricing on the 16 oz size right at WalMart (in the RV section). You can buy larger quantities on-line, but it actually costs more. I like this size as it comes in a pump spray bottle. Use it 2, sometimes 3 times a year, since it really is easy to apply. Wash it first, let it dry, then simply spray Protect-All on, buff around with a dry towel, done. I've got almost 100k on the van now - paint, decals, lenses all look good. Wax-based, but leaves no white residue around windows, etc. Wish I got a cut for recommending it - but really am pleased with the product. ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
Collinite makes a fiberglass boat cleaner that strips dirt and other contaminants to leave a prisitne surface for the wax to bond. Then I always used Collinite's Fleetwax, two coats. Lots of hard work but stood up to a solid year of salt water on the Atlantic. The liquid boat wax is also good stuff. Can be found online for good price. Beware of waxes that go on easy and buff out to a nice high shine, only to be dull and worthless in less than a month. Sunlight kills anything but a real carnauba wax. Some other good recommendations before me as well.
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

Gray1Ghost
Explorer
Explorer
Meguiar's Flagship Premium Marine Wax. Easy on. Easy to buff. Looks great on my NL.

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845 is the only wax I've tried on the front of our TC. I applied one coat, and bugs were fairly easy to take off. After the second washing/bug removal (using car wash soap), I applied a second coat of the Collinite. On our next excursion, over a three week period during which the bug carcasses dried on the surface real nice in the Florida sun, I didn't wash the rig. When we got back to the S&B, the bugs rinsed/wiped off with minimal effort. So far, I'm pleased.
For my next wax experiment, I'll try Star brite Premium Marine Polish Boat Wax with PTEF
I hear it's really effective stuff, but the Colinite was a couple bucks cheaper, so I tried that first. I'm intrigued by the Bow to Stern product, though.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on the Meguiar's

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
ZEP ? Isn't ZEP a floor wax ?
If you are cleaning an rv or boat wouldn't you use an rv or boat product that has UV inhibitors.
I thought that ZEP was used to wax interior floors .

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
I have using Collinite's Insulator Wax #845 for a decade on all of my vehicles and RV's.
www.collinite.com
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Agreed! ZEP is the best. I put it on the fiberglass cabover of my 1976 Amerigo and it looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

gpascazio
Explorer
Explorer
Zep wet floor wax. Applied it earlier this year so far camper looks great. So far this year we have taken the camper out a couple of months, still shines like the day I applied it.
2008 Ford F350 dually
6.4 L Diesel
2010 Eagle Cap 1160
300 W of Solar Panels

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
I used to use Nu-Finish twice a year to wax entire coach, but a friend told me about Lucas Slick Mist and Turtle Wax Wash & Wax. After you wash the vehicle, you spray on and wipe dry to get a great shine and rain beads off after use. I alternate them and get lots of comments about the shine on the rv. Very easy to use. You can buy them at Wal-Mart for about $5 to $7. I also use on the family cars.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
I use Meguiar's RV Marine Wax 56. Works great if the RV is not too oxidized.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Search using the function at the top of the page. Lots of discussions on this subject.

travelzoo
Explorer
Explorer