Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good Wax ????

ddadda
Explorer
Explorer
2007 tundra 30rl

It's been two years since wax. Whats everyone using for wax?
32 REPLIES 32

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
My dealer advised Maguiers or any other wax that is non abrasive.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
PenMan wrote:
Do you use the wax on the trailer decals too? I want to keep the decals from peeling on our new trailer.

over at VCVC (vintage chevy van club0 we've been asking 3M if this product will protect decals, they haven't tested in decals yet but will soon. http://3mauto.com/products/paint-defender/
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

Explorer
Explorer
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
I use Collinite Fleeetwax on my boat and TT. The ritual takes me 3 days but its worth it for 2-3 yrs.Wash the victim with warm soapy water with a heavy dose of TSP to remove all the old wax.Polish to rub out scratches and apply 2 coats of wax.

leftybj
Explorer
Explorer
I use Kevin.....he works at the local body shop:B

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
WandaLust2 wrote:
Desert Captain wrote:
Nu Finish in the orange plastic bottle. Nothing easier or lasts longer.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV. :C

Does it require buffing after applying? I'm looking for something that doesn't require buffing since we both have arthritis.

Depends on what you mean by "Buffing". Every product I have ever seen is a wax on wax off proposition and Nu Finish is no exception. Does it easily wipe off with just a soft cloth (old terry cloth towels work very well)? You betcha! :C

WandaLust2
Explorer
Explorer
Desert Captain wrote:
Nu Finish in the orange plastic bottle. Nothing easier or lasts longer.

As always.... Opinions and YMMV. :C

Does it require buffing after applying? I'm looking for something that doesn't require buffing since we both have arthritis.
Mrs. WandaLust. Retired. Middle TN
1999 Fleetwood SouthWind 32'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
Do you use the wax on the trailer decals too? I want to keep the decals from peeling on our new trailer.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

Vvvv1010
Explorer
Explorer
Nomadac wrote:
I have been using Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax for over 20 years on all of my vehicles, TT's and now MH. http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/

This sounds really good. I will try and have already passed the tip on to a few others.

I currently use Meguiars Cleaner Wax, but will try Collinite #845.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 Ford F250 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Two 10'0 Kayaks

LVJJJ
Explorer
Explorer
ice
1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

spike99
Explorer
Explorer

Meguiars cleaner wax or NuFinish (orange bottle) works for my stuff.

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
Zaino (www.zainobros.com) is my favorite. Looks astounding and lasts for about 6 months. Feels very slick and bugs and dirt wipe right off a fresh wax job. A bottle of #2 (or #5 if you have swirls) and some ZFX accelerator is all you need (don't let the web site intimidate you).

If it's been a few years, hit it with a clay bar first (any will work, can get a nice Mother's one at walmart).

If Zaino is too expensive, Meguiar's NXT tech wax is very similar and a close second.

W_E_BGood
Explorer
Explorer
Nomadac wrote:
I have been using Collinite's #845 Insulator Wax for over 20 years on all of my vehicles, TT's and now MH. http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/

I wax my MH twice a year and as it is a 2003 model it still looks like brand new. I use less than 1/2 a pint bottle of #845 to the entire MH.It is the easiest and best wax I have ever used. I sold two bottles on a recent trip to people that complemented on how shiny and new looking my MH was, they were impressed.

+1...since finding this several years ago, it's all I use on my vehicles. If you do get it, remember to stand-up the bottle in a pan of hot water for awhile to soften the thick "liquid" inside, and shake it well. Goes on very easy, use it sparingly, buffs-out easily.
I have used 303 Protectant and Lucas Slick Mist spray wax with fine results on the TT, they're easy but they don't last IMO.

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer

I wax my MH twice a year and as it is a 2003 model it still looks like brand new. I use less than 1/2 a pint bottle of #845 to the entire MH.It is the easiest and best wax I have ever used. I sold two bottles on a recent trip to people that complemented on how shiny and new looking my MH was, they were impressed.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer