cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help! No hot water.

UltimateSVT
Explorer
Explorer
Hey guys, I'm at Fiesta key rv resort here in the Florida Keys. Full hook up & 2 full tanks of propane. I've got propane running fine to the stove but no hot water in my camper. I have a 2016 Coleman 274BH. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? I have no reception at the campground so I will check for replies in about 5 hours.

Thanks in advanced.
10 REPLIES 10

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Waiting for OP to post what the problem was (patiently rapping fingers on desk). ๐Ÿ˜„

MTHome
Explorer
Explorer
Have you run the pump recently? For some reason, our hot water heater won't heat all the way or at all if you've run the pump since running the hot water and getting any air out of the lines.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cocky_Camper wrote:
If the water heater has not been lit since you got there, it could possibly be air in the line. You may need to bleed the water heater line.

This would be the first thing I would check. OP has a 2016 and maybe this is new to him? I assume the HWT switch inside is turned on...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
By the looks of pics you have an Atwood WH

Backside of water heater:
Check that valving is set up for WH use
Cold inlet valve OPEN/Bypass valve Closed/Hot outlet valve OPEN (unless mfg. only used check valve in hot out)

Water supply ON..open closest faucet hotside and bleed all air out (might take awhile cause WH needs to fill)

With WH Tank full.......
Turn Propane Switch ON
Listen/check for spark and main flame----might take a few tries to establish propane flow (if more then 3 then WH may 'lock out' and turn on 'Fault Light' (RED Light at on/off panel) To Reset----turn Switch OFF, wait 30 seconds turn back ON

IF that doesn't work......
Then you will need to test for DC at the Brown Wire coming from circuit board going to 'thermal fuse' (device inside clear tubing) to terminal on T-stat

****Have to test when trying to first light off---before it 'locks out'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you trying to run the WH on gas, or on electric?

Most people use electric when on full hookups, since you're already paying for the site and that saves your propane.

If you are trying to use propane, then light a stove burner and let the propane flow to it for a minute or so, to clear any air from the lines. Then the fridge burner may light correctly.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
One that bites people once in a while is leaving the inside or outside shower faucet handles on, and shutting the flow of water off at the shower head. Check to make sure that all the shower faucet handles are shut off.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Dirtpig
Explorer
Explorer
If it's first time you've used it it could be bypassed from winterizing. The the valve near your tank on the inside of your trailer. If this is the case you may have destroyed your electric element.
2015 Nash 25C bumper pull /w 300watts solar my install
My Truck & RV youtube channel
2005 F-350 Diesel 4x4 CC SB SRW
2001 Honda XR400: many mods
12ft Lund WC boat & 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke on custom loader.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been nice if you told us more about the water heater. While many may have your water heater model few have you RV model.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked all your electric lines going to it.
Last year when we got tot the camp ground one of the 12 volt lines had come undone just enough so it looked like it was connected but was not and wouldn't fire up.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

Cocky_Camper
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the water heater has not been lit since you got there, it could possibly be air in the line. You may need to bleed the water heater line.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper