cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How many Amerigo truck campers are there left?

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
I know the Amerigo owners are aware of other Amerigo truck campers in thier area.
I was just wondering as to the actual number of these campers left around.
If you know of any in your area could you post how many and what part of the country they are in. Sitting in a back yard counts!

I know of 3 others in my home town,and there are 2 others on the beach where I camp on Cape Cod.

That would be 6 for the Southeastern Massachusetts area.

Thanks

Bob W.
43 REPLIES 43

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I have to say that one in WA looks pretty nice, although they all look nice until you take off the skin and see the rot from the fridge. I would venture to say that most Amerigo's from the 70's are usually (not always) re-builds. Just from what I have seen and experienced anyways. BUT... the good thing is, they are a worthwhile build due to the quality in craftmanship.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Another Amerigo For Sale in Washington State.
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Soon all the people at the post office (situated next to my re-build) will no longer be able to ask if we are "recycling the Amerigo out for scrap" LOL You should see their expression when we tell them, NO, we are re-building it. Some people have no vision at all.

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Well Dave thanks to folks like you who show what can be done with these campers.
Can't wait to see Trucksters' when it is done !
I have been asked many times how many of thes campers are left ?
That is the reason for this topic to take a poll across the country and see how many we end up with .

Thank you all for your help

Bob W.

67avion
Explorer II
Explorer II
Perhaps we should consider a "classic" TC meet up. We certainly share many of the same ideas.

76AMERIGO
Explorer
Explorer
Mine and another in Oxford Pa...one in Coatesville Pa, one in Millersville Pa.
My brother has one in New Jersey. (1992 style, no front window)
Usually easy to spot if you look in rear yards next to garages/barns.
Can't mistake that front window!
I'm up for an Amerigo Owners get together...It was tough 4 years ago...seems they are becoming popular again.
Dave
Dave
2001 F-350 PSD C/C LB 4X4
1976 Amerigo w/ Snap N Nap *SOLD*
1979 CJ-7 304ci/Turbo 400
2014 Cougar Lite 28RDB

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
There is someone in Prosser WA selling one on Craigs List. He doesn't have any of his own pictures, but he's using what appears to be pictures of others peoples campers, maybe even your own. Hans

Amerigo for sale.
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Big Bad 1 ton counts 2 in Texas

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I think that is awesome those of you who own one are so proud about owning one. I know since I got mine, I have been absolutely ecstatic about showing it off (once it is done with renovation/re-build) I was at the PITT RV show last weekend and I will tell you that there is almost no quality in newer RV's. There wasn't one that I wanted to take home...even the most beautifully laid-out behemoth class A's. You just can't beat the one piece fiberglass roof and front cab over. I guarantee mine will be around another 40 + years once I am done with it. We NEED to have an Amerigo rally... we can even include the TT Amerigo's.

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer

This is the best front window pic I have.

Maximum photo width=640

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't seen an Amerigo Truck Camper here in the Bay Area in more than 25 years. I wonder how many of them still exist in California. I always liked the way they looked. I liked the wrap around front window.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer

There is an RV dealer here in MA that was a distributor for Amerigo.
Back in the 70's only truck campers were allowed out on the beaches.

I am 40 miles from the beach and I think that is why ther rae so many around here.
The amerigo now owned by Huson Valley Rog ( add 1 more) had a Mass. Beach Buggy Assoc. sticker on it

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
I have 1 in Pittsburgh. Never did see another one in my lifetime.

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
Theres a half of one in my back yard lol, but thats the only one I know