cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get rid of non working fridge?

ezcamping
Explorer
Explorer
I have a dometic 2401 fridge I've removed from my camper and need to get rid of. It has a bad cooling unit and I had to disassemble it to get it out the door. I already found a used fridge on craigslist that works great and is in the camper now. Now how to get rid of the old one?

If anyone wants any parts off of it or wants the whole thing let me know. Problem is I did not reassemble it after removal from my camper.

24 REPLIES 24

gingerK
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem when I replaced my non-working refer in my TC. I just put the old one out by the curb and it was gone within an hour. But first I stripped out everything I thought I could or would use!

ezcamping
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of great ideas! Smoker one especially. Put it on craigslist and it was gone in a few hours. Couldn't believe someone wanted it.

scolew325
Explorer
Explorer
turn it into a smoker.
Scott T. Lewis

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
"All those chemicals" is just ammonia. There is no CFC refrigerant like in a domestic refrigerator.

You could cut the line, dump it into a spray bottle, and clean your windows.

Around here that would be gone in 5 minutes if placed out by the road.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
It's Christmas time!

Try gift-wrapping it and leaving it on the seat of your unlocked car while it's parked downtown for awhile. Ought to disappear lickety-split!:B

Legend has it that this worked for folks during a New York garbage strike...

I lived up through several Sanitation Strikes and know of several people that did this. Most were Apartment dwellers so as long as they "Wrapped" one small bag at a time it was not too bad.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
List it on Craigslist under free stuff.
Its amazing - you'll get multiple calls will to take it away.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
joe123 wrote:
They make a good storage unit for welding rods put a light bulb inside to keep them dry.

Yes that was my first thought. Repurpose for a small dry storage cabinet. I use an old dishwasher for welding supplies.
Works well because of the roll out shelves-but took a lot of sealing up (mostly door vents). Your refer due to size and already pretty much sealed would make an awesome cabinet for about anything you want to protect from environmental changes.

This cabinet in shop is an old micro wave stood on end, wrapped in wood so it doesn't look like an appliance.

Id love to have your refer-as small as it is not sure where Id put it so actually looking for another micro wave or bar refer. I need something for all my paper goods, belts/disks/sheets of sandpaper, they act like sponges.

But if you want to simply get rid of-look in the phone book -should be listings for recycling/disposal of household items. Or if you know someone who has a home shop/garage they might be interested in repurposing it. Unless its repairable-
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

rfuerst911sc
Explorer
Explorer
How wide are the door shelves ? I need some door shelves 15 3/4 " wide.

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
I gave mine to my scrap guy.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
In our area, you just put it out by the curb, it is usually gone in minutes sometimes. Best time is the day prior to garbage pickup.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
put a sign on it .

"Free cooler...just add ice" .

joe123
Explorer
Explorer
They make a good storage unit for welding rods put a light bulb inside to keep them dry.

FreeLanceing
Explorer II
Explorer II
I rehab/flip houses. When I demo a home anything I think I can get a buck for I put on cl. Most things are gone in a day or 2 with competing buyers. If its something I'd be embarrased to sell I put it under the tree or by the curb out front with a cardboard sign that says free on it. Most things are gone in a few hours.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
See if you can't use the racks somewhere in your rig for a handy shelf or a vertical separator first. Those can be useful.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel