cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I need a new truck Dodge, Ford or Chev ????

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
I need a new truck. I am think about either a Ram 1500 or a Chev. Do I have any "Friends or Family" that can help me out with a "family" discount. Please PM me.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
30 REPLIES 30

tshirtman
Explorer
Explorer
size of trailer has a lot to do with your choice:
-6000 lb 1/2 ton
+6000 lb 3/4 ton
+ 10000 lb 1 ton

I have a Ram 2500 CTD

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Goldstalker wrote:
Check with Dave Smith Motors or Dennis Dillon Ram, very aggressive pricing!

Good advice. Their prices make an excellent benchmark. Enjoy shopping.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

NJRedneck1986
Explorer
Explorer
Ford the best trucks ever made. next inline is chevy then dodge being last. but this is my opinion. Ford is the best since its the only truck that didnt screw me like my previous chevy gmc let me down. But to be honest this question is one very few wanna ask cuz your gonna get tons of ford lovers haters etc. in reality you gotta decide whats best for you and your needs.But get a FORD and youll be set ๐Ÿ˜‰

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
ExxWhy wrote:
waynec1957 wrote:
TenOC wrote:
This was NOT a request for "which is best" It is a request for a "Friend" discount number. I think each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. I will purchase based on price ALONE.

I thought you were kidding at first. I don't know how Ford or Chrysler works, but active GM employees doing what you're asking can be terminated and/or banned from the program. Retirees can also be banned.

Here's a quote from the GM employee discount webpage. You can share the new and improved GM Supplier Discount Price with a friend or acquaintance through the GM Supplier Discount for Friends program.

It changes all the time, but for now it's perfectly fine.

My apologies. I stand corrected. This is different than what I got from GM Family First just a few months ago.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
looks like dodges are cheaper. had good luck with fords so I m a ford guy, I guess

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Will this new truck be pulling the 30' Compass? If so, that may influence which truck you get. They're not all rated the same.

Sorry, you probably have all of this figured out and I can't help with the GM family deal.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some real good advice from one who has just learned!

Go to each dealer, and don't ask to see the truck or what it can do.
Just ask to see the manual that comes with it.

Then don't bother to read the manual, but buy the truck on whoever has the THINNEST manual.

Believe me it will save you much anguish later when every time you are trying to put a light on or find out which widget does what, you have to pull into a rest area and leaf through nine thousand pages before giving up.

And another thing: Get the one with the worst gas miles per gallon. That would be the heaviest one. Then when you lean on the hood or push in on a fender it won't dent or crumple like cardboard.

Good luck, I won't tell you which 2014 I bought, since I don't want to ruin your fun

jack l
Jack & Nanci

sask934
Explorer
Explorer
Go to one dealer of each brand and get their best offer and go from there. You can beat any incentive plan offer by any dealer by knowing what you are doing.

I just did this and bought a 2013 F 150....saved over $3000 more then my friend on the same truck at the same dealer within the same week. He had the costco $1000 off deal which I did not:D

windpusher
Explorer
Explorer
Hold off if you can until 2015 models come out. Check out new F150's.
New light weight F150 with Alum. alloy body cutting 700LBS. Choice of 4 engines from 2.7 and 3.5 Eco's, re-aspirated 3.7 standard six and a very reliable 5.0 V8. The 2.7 is new and the 3.5 is basically retuned for better pulling and gas mileage. I am thinking the Eco engines will be at or around 30MPG with increased max towing and more torque without the need to go diesel. I try to keep my trucks 8yrs or longer and when I buy I look for these bench marks.

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
this is what he is asking aboutโ€ฆ

boy reading comprehension class is in order... :B
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

my_crib_too
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help with the discount but look at a 3/4 ton too. Always nice to have more truck than you currently need.
Ford 2015 F250 Crew Lariat 6.7 diesel
2014 Sandpiper 393RL destination trailer

ExxWhy
Explorer
Explorer
waynec1957 wrote:
TenOC wrote:
This was NOT a request for "which is best" It is a request for a "Friend" discount number. I think each brand has its advantages and disadvantages. I will purchase based on price ALONE.

I thought you were kidding at first. I don't know how Ford or Chrysler works, but active GM employees doing what you're asking can be terminated and/or banned from the program. Retirees can also be banned.

Here's a quote from the GM employee discount webpage. You can share the new and improved GM Supplier Discount Price with a friend or acquaintance through the GM Supplier Discount for Friends program.

It changes all the time, but for now it's perfectly fine.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep, You can beat any of the plans if you talk right. My dealer told me, When I was ready to buy. He would beat my X plan.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
waynec1957 wrote:
TenOC wrote:

You can easily negotiate a better price than any of those plans if you know what your doing.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander