cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

jayco vs forest river

Dad12153
Explorer
Explorer
new to rv'ing....like the rear living TT...boiled it down to a jayco jayflight 26rls and forest river rockwood ulttralite 2604ws....have heard these brands are like ford vs. cadillac.....any constructive comments much appreciated....
23 REPLIES 23

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I bought a FR product because the CS was so good - as was evidenced it articles I read in TL magazine. That was indeed my experience so that part is not an issue. My Wildcat is still in perfect shape after 10 years of heavy use.

I have never owned a Jayco product but honestly, I was dismayed at what I saw at a local RV show. I mean, they couldn't even get the steps centered under the doors - they were off by 6+". There were plenty of other issues as well.

So there you go, both brands have their faithful followers so just get what you like.

KMP44
Explorer
Explorer
spadoctor wrote:
jayco...2 year warranty and better customer service

FR gives you the option to buy a full 2nd year factory warranty for $150. No idea why Jayco has better customer service - every dealing we have had with FR has been very good - and with a good dealer, they handle most of that anyway.

I would pick the trailer you like the best - either brand is pretty good.
2005 F-150 FX-4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Of the two listed, the jayco would be my choice hands down. I have a Springdale 26rls and it's been bullet proof, as good as any trailer I have ever owned.

I was looking for a trailer to get into back country spots and still be livable full timeish, and this floor plan does just that. Short enough to get in tight spots and long enough to have a living room and bedroom aka liveable full time.

You will enjoy either your pick..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

shenandoahvalle
Explorer
Explorer
Never had a Forest River product but currently have a Jayco. I agree the comparison is more like Ford and Chevy but I do like my TT and would buy another Jayco in the future.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Also have a 2604, NOT the WS, which is the bedroom closet, and love it. We didn't see the WS when we bought the 2604, but even if we had we would not have gone that route since we didn't need the extra weight, extra storage or spend the extra $ for something we didn't need. Unless I'm mistaken, they have gone to only the 2604WS. We have a nice size window where the closet slide is and actually prefer it. Bathroom is wonderful....a real linen closet! DH hated the shower in our HTT, but loves this garden shower. We lost a bit of kitchen counterspace in the kitchen, but still find it workable. There is way more interior storage than I thought. With most of it being ceiling mount it sort of just blends in, but there are places we don't have anything! Sofa bed with the air mattress is excellent. Obviously, my vote is for the 2604WS, but Jayco builds a good trailer also and lots of happy owners. Really, just spend a good amount of time in both trailers you're considering, think about YOUR stuff and the way YOU camp. That is the answer as to which is the right one. Happy shopping!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

spadoctor
Explorer
Explorer
jayco...2 year warranty and better customer service

NMWHITIS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Rockwood 2604ws,and have been very happy with it, I would buy another one. I also looked closely at Jayco, and my dad had Jaycos for years. I don't think you can go wrong with either and they are pretty similar in quality.

I think the jayflight models are more entry level. The Jayco whitehawk would be more comparable to Rockwood.
2016 Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC Duramax

2018 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
More like Ford vs Chevrolet. Dont believe salesman hype. Choose the one YOU see as best for your situation and you wont be disappointed