cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just got some bad news, could use some perspective.

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
I had an order in for a 2015 F150 with the 5.0 and max payload package. I sold my 4Runner and have just been driving my F350 until the new one came.

On Tuesday I called the dealer to verify the delivery date and they informed me Ford has cancelled my order with no real help.

My dealer is doing what they can but are limited to what they can do.

So I'm thinking of this:
F150 Lariat
5.0 V8, tow package, integrated brake controller.
Super crew with the 5.5' box

This will give me a payload of just over 2000 lbs.

This should be adequate for our family with just about 100 lbs remaining payload after adding tongue weight, 4 passengers (me, wife, daughter, and dog), tonneau cover weight, and a little fudge factor for cargo and other stuff.

With this I will be back to periodic trips to the weigh scales and measuring the trailer tongue weight and loading the trailer carefully. With the F350 or the F150 with max payload package there is more room for variance.

I tow a spree 318bhs with a maximum weight of 7000 lbs and approximately 1200 lb tongue weight including my blue ox hitch which is really heavy.

Anything I am missing or have not considered.

The one bonus is that this truck will be 1 foot shorter and slightly easier to park than the super crew with a 6.5' box...
Spree 318bhs. Blue Ox Sway Pro WD hitch.
Primary tow vehicle 2015 F150 super crew, 5.0 V8.
106 REPLIES 106

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
I do not remember from all the other posts, did you even look at the 3.7 EB. They seem to be getting quiet the following these days. And if waiting until next year that also will give you time to see what the new Nissan Titan has to offer with the diesel. It is suppose to have a great payload, although we have heard what it is officially.
2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd 6.0 w/4:10 rear end
2006 SkyLine Weekender 180
1200/12000 Equal-i-zer WDH

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
DirtyOil wrote:
Are you the same Shogun that once owned a Ram CTD?

Nope, never owned a Chrysler/Dodge vehicle ever...

I'm looking a taking the 6.2 for a test drive. I have only been in a chev with the 5.3.

I did a special order with Ford to get what I needed and what I wanted.

As stated before I agree that just getting something because it's there is not the best way to go. It's not like I don't have a vehicle to tow our trailer. I don't have to cancel our holidays due to lack of tow vehicle.

In the big picture time is on my side. Worst case scenario I drive the F350 till the spring then work things out from there.... That saves me $675 per month for the next 9 months...

I will be interesting to see if Ford will honour their incentives for their decision until then...

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
Are you the same Shogun that once owned a Ram CTD?
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

womps
Explorer
Explorer
The 2016 Silverado 1500 has made some very nice cosmetic changes to the exterior of their truck. Bigger difference than the all new 2014. Might want to wait for 2 months to get a 2016 model if going Chevy.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 6.2 (see sig) and only run 91 when towing. I run 89 all other times which saves 20 cents /gal. I've never had any pinging or other ill effects. This engine/trans combination gets great mileage and is so much nicer to drive than the 2500 I traded. My 2500 got 13mpg combined and the 6.2 gets 17mpg combined. Have you test driven one yet?
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
Shogun wrote:
Just a quick update.

There is just a few GM vehicles in Manitoba that is suitable. They are 2015 LTZ with the 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. Payload is close but reasonable. My only issue is there are some features I like on the Ford better but no word from Ford since Thursday after I sent them a full outline of what I want/need and am willing to pay.

My only issue is the 6.2 is recommended to run off 91 octane. In the big picture that is just about $400 per year more in gas costs here in Canada

So now there are 2 GM dealers with comparable vehicles....

I'll make my decision tomorrow.

Either

1) Say forget it to everyone and wait till spring 2016 and roll the dice.
2) Order a 2015 Ford if able to if the deal is right.
3) Buy a 2015 Chevy with the 6.2 off the lot locally.

I have lost at least 10k neurons mulling over all the options on this stuff. In the spirit of Montey Python MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!

I think the Chevy will run fine on regular gas but won't have full advertized power. Typically the computer will just retard timing and run fine on regular. You might want premium when you are towing and need the extra power. I have a 94 V8 Camaro and honestly, I can't even feel a power difference- and I owned the car for 15 years before I put regular in it (no premium at the pump). It didn't knock, didn't even seem to have less power. So now, I run regular.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo wrote:
The most important thing is to get the truck you want with the options you want. I wouldn't settle for 'close enough' when talking this kind of money. If you don't get what you want, then you will be unhappy every time you step into the truck.

This.

Have you considered heavy duty trucks at all? Drop it down a trim level or two and you can get a HD truck for the same money as a higher trimmed half ton. More truck for the same money isn't a bad thing, even if it lacks a little on creature comforts - especially if you're close to limits like you say you are. That's my perspective on it, anyway.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
The most important thing is to get the truck you want with the options you want. I wouldn't settle for 'close enough' when talking this kind of money. If you don't get what you want, then you will be unhappy every time you step into the truck.

I have never bought a vehicle off the lot. If you want the Ford, I would look into ordering a 2016 model in September. I doubt you can order a 2015 model of any truck this late into the model year.

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
Shogun wrote:

Either

Of the 3 options above, number 1 and number 3 seem good, but regarding option number 2, since it is mid-July, it might be too late to order a 2015. If you order something, I would guess it would be a 2016.
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update.

There is just a few GM vehicles in Manitoba that is suitable. They are 2015 LTZ with the 6.2 and 8 speed transmission. Payload is close but reasonable. My only issue is there are some features I like on the Ford better but no word from Ford since Thursday after I sent them a full outline of what I want/need and am willing to pay.

My only issue is the 6.2 is recommended to run off 91 octane. In the big picture that is just about $400 per year more in gas costs here in Canada.

So now there are 2 GM dealers with comparable vehicles....

I'll make my decision tomorrow.

Either

I have lost at least 10k neurons mulling over all the options on this stuff. In the spirit of Montey Python MY BRAIN HURTS!!!!

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer
jtallon wrote:
Majja13 wrote:
If it were me, I would thank them for the lack of support, advise them of my intentions of purchasing a new vehicle form either GM, Ram or Toyota and let them know I was also going to make it known exactly how this went down especially with how long you had already been waiting.

Heck, I'd go even further. I'd take a picture of myself with my new GM/Ram/Toyota and send it, along with a copy of the window sticker and a link to this discussion thread, to the Ford dealer, Ford Customer Service, and any other Ford personnel I've communicated with. I'd include a nice note describing my cancelled order, and thanking them for their assistance in the purchase of my new truck. I'd politely let them know I was eager to share my experience with Ford with other potential truck buyers. And I'd close with the hope that many other customers end up with a great new truck, just like I did.

No, it won't help at all. It may not even get read by anyone. But I'd feel a lot better.

I like this idea. I am all for giving some one a second chance if a mistake is made but it seams like many companies just do not care about good customer service. It is almost like they are doing us a favor. By being there and we should except that kind of service. In this case they took your order and depsoit, (no collecting interest on it) and then several months later say sorry we are having an issue so you can pay us more for next years model in 7 months. Unacceptable

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
Majja13 wrote:
If it were me, I would thank them for the lack of support, advise them of my intentions of purchasing a new vehicle form either GM, Ram or Toyota and let them know I was also going to make it known exactly how this went down especially with how long you had already been waiting.

Heck, I'd go even further. I'd take a picture of myself with my new GM/Ram/Toyota and send it, along with a copy of the window sticker and a link to this discussion thread, to the Ford dealer, Ford Customer Service, and any other Ford personnel I've communicated with. I'd include a nice note describing my cancelled order, and thanking them for their assistance in the purchase of my new truck. I'd politely let them know I was eager to share my experience with Ford with other potential truck buyers. And I'd close with the hope that many other customers end up with a great new truck, just like I did.

No, it won't help at all. It may not even get read by anyone. But I'd feel a lot better.
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

Shogun
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
8 pages later, still b!tching about a cancelled truck order! Classic!
Just go buy a truck already! Bet you could find what you need and more in less time than this thread has been alive!

Love you too!!!

One week later, no info from Chevy dealer on an applicable model, No hard information from another Ford dealer.... New test drives and diving back into the "game" for purchasing a new vehicle with the same old tactics and garbage that dealers try to pull...

I'm trying to by a truck but there are none local or on associated lots with the features I want....

Hence why I made a factory order...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
8 pages later, still b!tching about a cancelled truck order! Classic!
Just go buy a truck already! Bet you could find what you need and more in less time than this thread has been alive!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Majja13
Explorer
Explorer