cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a curbside dinette floorplan

locknload223
Explorer
Explorer
OK, so we've had our Flagstaff 831RKSS for two seasons and now are thinking about something different. With those two seasons, we've learned a lot about the recreation and even more about what we like and would want different in a another trailer.

Before, I wanted a bunkhouse for our two kids so they weren't sleeping on the dinette or sofa. I figured if the adults wanted to hang out inside later on at night, we could without sitting on top of the kids or moving them. Now I realized that the kids... are never in their bunkhouse until I move them WHILE they're sleeping, from the sofa or our bed. Because there's no bunkhouse slide, it's really cramped back there so they can't even play there if it's raining. What a waste of the rear part of our trailer. Sure they've slept in the bunks on their own once in a while but not often. So rear bunks aren't a necessity. Number one different feature I really want is a curbside dinette with an opposing slide out kitchen. We have a full size queen which is nice too and my wife loves our outdoor kitchen. Almost sounds like I need to build one myself. If we had a truck, we'd be looking at fifth wheels for sure.

I searched and searched but there are so many more manufacturers that I don't even know about yet, so any help you all can give would be great. So here's what I want,

Around 30-33 feet
Fiberglass sides
Curbside dinette w/street side kitchen slide
Full size queen bed
Outdoor kitchen
Possible rear bunks if they have a slide out

Now that I list it, it looks pretty simple but I'm not finding much. Mainly the curbside dinette. I have seen some CS dinettes that are not slides, the slide is on the street side which I like. Thanks.
2010 Flagstaff 831RKSS

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported turbo housing, 6.0 I/C, FRx, HPx & boot kit, DiPricol Optix gauges, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race,6637, Exhaust, AIH/foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop 315/75/16's.
16 REPLIES 16

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I was also going to suggest the Rockwood. Can't remember the exact model numbers, but there are a couple that might be just what you're after. Think they're in the Rockwood Signature line. They basically took the ROO 23SS with the awesome kitchen on the street side and instead of bunkends, they did a front bedroom and there are a couple different versions of the bed in the rear. One thing these Rockwood models offer is a kitchen with a huge work area that's not seen in many models. We loved it! Have just moved to a Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 and lost some kitchen space, but still very workable for just the 2 of us. The fit and finish has been very good in both units. Suggest you spend a few minutes online at RVW to check these out....not only floorplans, but pictures of almost all of their models.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Andy F wrote:
Our floor plan, a Keystone Bullet 281BHS won't give you the bunk room slide your looking for but it has a very nice over-sized curbside dinette. It was a must-have for us also. We had a dinette that looked out on our neighbor's site in our old HTT and we wanted a curbside view this time. The big window and over-sized dinette is fantastic.

I never really though about the dinette being on the other side of the TT so we can look out the better direction!
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I have everything but the outside kitchen in my Heartland North Trail 28BRS. Plenty of other brands have the same/similar floorplan.

Excluding bunk houses, I'd get a rear living/rear entertainment center floorplan. But those don't have outside kitchens usually either.

Forest River Surveyor Sport 295 meets all your requriements, but it's a light wieght and maybe a step down in quality of materials from what you have.

Curb side dinning and outdoor kitchen are mostly mutually exclusive. If you can give up the bunks and outside kitchen, lots of options.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Our floor plan, a Keystone Bullet 281BHS won't give you the bunk room slide your looking for but it has a very nice over-sized curbside dinette. It was a must-have for us also. We had a dinette that looked out on our neighbor's site in our old HTT and we wanted a curbside view this time. The big window and over-sized dinette is fantastic. As we looked at different floor plans, the super slide dinette and couch plans gave a lot of floor space but it seemed like none of the windows looked out on our own camp site. We have a 24 inch deep galley and couch slide that gives us enough floor space when open (and enough travel room when closed). If the slide was smaller and not as deep we might not like it as much.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

jenandjohn
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Rockwood 2701ss, love the layout with the curbside dinette. It was a must-have for us. I can watch the kids in our own campsite while I'm in the dinette. I can also watch them in the RV from the campsite! Plus who wants to look at the neighbours campsite while you are eating inside? Kids love the single over double bunks, lots of room to play.
Jen and John
2008 Forest River Rockwood Ultralite 2701SS
2006 F150 XLT Supercab 4x4

SueMcD
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we're shopping for a new trailer and I'm just curious what the benefits are of the curbside dining since, as you say, most of the floorplans we're seen have them on the opposite. I've never thought about it one way or the other before.

Sue
2013 Keystone Bullet Premier 19FBPR

carmelo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a curbsied dinette on our 31 EVERGREEN EVERLITE. Put ovdr 31,000 miles on in 3 seasons, still like it.
Here is our owners group on Yahoo

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/evergreenrecreationalvehicles/

CCC
CCC
Pat and Charles C. Culotta, Jr.
Patterson, La.
SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
EVERGREEN OWNERS GROUP

eric_james
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the Prime Time 2910 sure looks like a good floorplan for your needs. Good reputation trailer and definately within your towing capacity.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Edit, never mind apparently I can't read your specs so I deleted the post
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

locknload223
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, I'll check these out with my wife. I'm towing with a diesel Excursion so I should be good pulling any of these.
2010 Flagstaff 831RKSS

2000 Excursion Limited PowerStroke Diesel- ATS ported turbo housing, 6.0 I/C, FRx, HPx & boot kit, DiPricol Optix gauges, DP Tuner-80t, Drive-Thru, 80e, 120race,6637, Exhaust, AIH/foil delete, 4" lift, Airbags, Dunlop 315/75/16's.

anaro
Explorer
Explorer
Not knowing anything about your weight requirements here is what a quick search turned up:
Primetime tracer
Crossroads Zinger

These have some but not all of what you want. Good luck. The trick is finding the curbside dinnette w/ opposing slide kitchen.
2014 Silverado 3500 Duramax, SRW, Crew Cab, 4WD
2014 Palomino Sabre 34REQS -
2011 Crossroads Zinger ZT26BL - sold in 2014

awanatech
Explorer
Explorer
Our Rockwood Ultralight 2701SS has curbside dinette & streetside kitchen slide, 32', front queen bed & rear bunks (no rear slide though), fiberglass sides. It doesn't have an outside kitchen though.

prov431
Explorer
Explorer
See the camper in my sig (Forest River V-Cross 32 VBHS) we were in the same situation as you...took us three campers (pop up, tt with small bunks then this one) to figure it out....love this lay out which gives the kids and adults just what you need (including the outdoor kitchen)
Dan
N. Carolina
2012 Forest River V-Cross Platinum 32VBHS 36' UL 7,500#
Husky Centerline WDH
Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Control
Rear View Wired Camera
TRD Supercharged 2008 Toyota Tundra Crewmax (505 hp,550 torque :B)
2wd 5.7, 4.30 gear (10,400 tow cap.)

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Look at Rockwood Ultra Lite 2901SS & 2902SS