cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New record !

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new record for the shortest living thread Ric, this ONE only lasted like 9 hours shattering Andy's 12 hour record :B
I might mention Ric also hold the highest non sticky post count that I know of, thanks to Ben, Larry and ninebikers :R
Interesting part is, well it's the same subject.
Just me but I would have given it a little more lead before the dreaded closed sign came out :W
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin
91 REPLIES 91

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, this thread has turned into more like a playground during recess at an elementary grade school...."My dad can whip your day", "My house is better than your house", "My bicycle is better than your bicycle"....

I'm pretty sure most of "US",(yeah, including me), are adults, but I got to admit, it sure seems like a bunch of 10 yr olds going back and forth with each other...I've seen good ones and bad ones from Ford, Chevy/GM and Dodge/Ram.....each knows what his or her truck experiences are....I guess if we all do enough digging, we'll find "something" wrong with everything..and I mean EVERYTHING!! I'd like to have some of the time to spend looking for articles or video to show how bad everything is with everything, but between work, work at home and going camping...I'll have to leave the research to the research experts who seem to have quite a bit of time to do said research...I don't..heading to work for a 12 hr shift and going camping this weekend.

Enjoy....and bicker on .....
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

blt2ski
THis blinken headache is STILL not going away!!!!!!!!!

can someone help me get rid of this here headache! PLEEEEEEEEEEEESE!
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
sky_free wrote:
You guys have pretty much convinced me to never buy a diesel truck.

Uh make take a Ford diesel truck.

Last I heard Cummins was one of the longest lasting engines made.

I only have 368K on my 98 12V Cummins. Oil is not black just dark at 5K.

"Think with your Dipstick Jimmy" Not lets talk about your 6.7 oil! :E

Yea the 11 is BLACK as soon as I start it! ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Flashman wrote:
sky_free wrote:

"Think with your Dipstick Jimmy" Now lets talk about your 6.7 oil! :E
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
45Ricochet wrote:
Three minute clip HERE.

Houston must have problems selling Fords since they had to add Dodge to their arsenal :W At any rate look up Joe Diesel on youtube for great Master Technician video's. They keep pretty busy in LA, and believe me there is not much water in LA.

Rick,
Here's a 2.5 minute clip Here

Tell me it ain't so... :W

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer

I bought a $70,000 trailer that is a POS. I mean a real POS. Some issues that make it very unsafe on the highway.

Just me but getting a lemon Open Range 5er I certainly wouldn't have a logo for it my signature :E
Corvette pic was much better :B
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Flashman wrote:
sky_free wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mad Norsky wrote:
We must admit here on the tow vehicle forum, shoot the forum in whole, that we are by far just a tiny fractional percentage of total diesel vehicles being used here in North America right now.

And yet, and seemingly against the odds due to our small numbers, we have still suffered two confirmed failures of the Ford HPFP. Most of you remember Ricatic, but there was also a Canadian poster on here who had the same problem.

I PM'd this Canadian poster. He related to me that Ford tried their trump card, water in fuel routine with his vehicle also. Unfortunately for Ford, they had also just recently changed out the fuel filters for this vehicle. Based on this evidence, within their own (Ford's) maintenance records, Ford did in fact, begrudgingly, warranty the HPFP replacement and all assorted costs associated to the replacement, on his vehicle.

So that is two, as I said, from an amazingly small sample of operators.

I want info on this. I own one of these 6.7L Ford diesels.

My biggest fear is that someone, somewhere, is going to be hurt badly or worse by the sudden failure of these pumps. As they seem to die suddenly, without any measurable warning symptoms, I can see someone, attempting to merge onto a busy interstate, having his vehicle chug and die just as he leaves the on ramp and arrives in the traffic lanes, with an 18 wheeler bearing down on him from astern.

It won't be a happy ending or a pretty picture.

It is quite simple: each and every vehicle with a CP4 series pump should be BOUGHT BACK AND DESTROYED by Bosch. It is that simple.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since this thread has too much drama here's a another topic about Chrysler sticking it to their customers.

Here's a guy who got stuck with a bill for a corroded injector and a RAM service advisor calling Chrysler out of using the "Contaminated Fuel" for not covering warrenty. Read what TejasCummins wrote...:E

Link

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
Vulcaneer wrote:
BeerCan wrote:
ricatic wrote:

The current sales kill count has grown to 151...that's a lot of lost money for 1 rejected warranty claim...

Have a great day

Regards

Keep it up it seems to be working ๐Ÿ˜‰

Bold above is really what it is all about.

..obviously a graduate of the Bill Clinton School of Parsing

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
itguy08 wrote:
NC Hauler wrote:

ricatic, don't blame you one bit....if I had to pay $13,000 to fix a truck with only 99,000 miles on it, and it wasn't anything I did...heck, even if it was something I did, I'd try to get some help...that kind of money would really hurt the purse strings and would affect my though processes on what truck I would purchase next...it is what it is...

What I want to know (and I didn't remember readinf) is with Ric's proof that he never had water in the fuel, etc. that he didn't force Ford into arbitration or sued them? I know if someone handed me the stuff he was fed I'd file a lawsuit (and I'm not the suing type). And I'd encourage those within warranties with the failures to do the same.

His insurance covered it...he was only out his $500 (IIRC) deductible and a tow bill.
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
BeerCan wrote:
ricatic wrote:

The current sales kill count has grown to 151...that's a lot of lost money for 1 rejected warranty claim...

Have a great day

Regards

Bold above is really what it is all about.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
BenK wrote:
Vulcaneer wrote:
snip....

I bought a $70,000 trailer that is a POS. I mean a real POS. Some issues that make it very unsafe on the highway.

snip...

Not arguing, but curious about that $70K POS trailer and how you managed
or did with it or ????

Am retired and budget for this kind of stuff slim for now...if me, I'd
not keep my opinions to myself...

Paid an independent to get it fixed. And fixed what I could myself. Left some things broken, if the cost reward balance made sense. Thought about trading it off. But didn't want to stick someone else with the problem. I got a bad unit. Others have not. Good for them. Too bad for me. ****e happens. The manufacturer was just ridiculous.. Dealer was no help. I got over it and moved on.

When and if that happens with my Ford truck, I'll decide what I'll do, when it happens.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Flashman
Explorer II
Explorer II
sky_free wrote:

ricatic
Explorer
Explorer
BeerCan wrote:
ricatic wrote:

Have a great day

Regards

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/ford-posts-decade-best-2-1b-profit-in-q1-2013/
f-series up by 24% of course that lumps the 150 in with the super dutys.
http://media.ford.com/images/10031/April13sales.pdf

BeerCan

I have consistently stated that the 6.7 HPFP issue will not slow down truck sales by any significant amount. You are right, 151 lost sales are not many in the overall scheme...but it represents more than $7.5 million in lost revenue and over $1.5 million in lost profits...not an insignificant number to the working man...

Regards
Ricatic
Debbie and Savannah the Wonderdachsund
2009 Big Horn 3055RL
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Dually LTX with the Gold Standard LBZ Engine and Allison Transmission
2011 F350 Lariat SRW CC SB 4WD 6.7 Diesel POS Gone Bye Bye