cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Years in the Florida Keys 2016 (Trip Report Video)

Crazy_Creek
Explorer
Explorer
To qualify this trip report for the Truck Camper forum, I promise there is at least one picture of my TC in this video.

Trip Report Video
12 REPLIES 12

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
FUN video Crazy Creek!!! Thanks for sharing!

We spent New Year's Eve on Sunshine Key, and we were at Long Key SP (awesome!) for several days afterward. We're now right on the water at Bahia Honda (best campsite ever).

The Keys are a GREAT place for truck campering. We have been welcomed everywhere we have been and have also found it very easy to find parking in places where all of the other RV's have struggled (esp Key West).

Cheers
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

Crazy_Creek
Explorer
Explorer
Reelescape1 wrote:
Where did you visit and what campground(s). I've been told some in Fla do not allow TC's.

Stayed at Knights Key Campground in Marathon. This is their last year, the land has been sold to a developer.

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cool
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Well done!!! I'm jealous.
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Exactly 1 picture of your TC. 🙂 Glad you had a good time.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice video. Thanks for sharing.

You all look like you really have a good time together! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Reelescape1
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you visit and what campground(s). I've been told some in Fla do not allow TC's.

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the video. I love making them, and it looks like you do too. I posted a TR video on my thread. I don't think there are too many posted here.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
You only need the TC to sleep in right. The rest of the day you're out and about. Enjoyed that. Looks like you folks had a great time.
One question? You showed a clip of a manatee and then showed a clip of a BBQ with some fine looking steaks and sausages grilling away. Purely coincidence right?

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice way to bring in the New Year. Happy New Year, Crazy Creek.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice trip report video. Looks like everyone had a great time celebrating the New Year in the Florida Keys.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice! You had a great time that's clear. Thanks.
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke