cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"best" travel trailer

tnrv_er
Explorer II
Explorer II
In your opinion, what is the best made TT? Which brand do you feel has the best craftsmanship, uses the best materials, quality appliances, quality cabinetry, good fixtures (toilets, faucets, shower stalls, ect...).....What do you say?
42 REPLIES 42

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot. JMHO
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

FCStreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Airstream. But I'm biased. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30' Recliner
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle
Visit my blog Flying Cloud for my latest adventure!

DanNJanice
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly the the trailer manufacturer graveyard is littered with companies that tried to make a better trailer. The trailer buyers, more than any others, are very price sensitive.
2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 F250 PSD

rwess
Explorer
Explorer
From our own personal experience, all purchased new:

Name/Would I recommend
Nomad-no
Innsbruck-no
Terry-yes (no longer built)
Sunline-definitely yes (manufacturer out of business)
Jayco-maybe
Open Range-never again
Next one-maybe Lance
rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
BigFoot for structural and exterior integrity. Once you get inside there are the same appliances as all the others. Interior appointments are OK+.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Let see, I give you the same price point, the same appliance base, the same level of worker skill, the same materials. Humm!! I wonder what your TT will look like?

If you want different you have to pay for different. Look at the construction techniques use in the Tiny Homes market. If course you need a big TV; just to bring in the payment.

Every major maker has its duds once in a while and each use about the same quality of materials for a given price point.

It is a market price driven industry.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

nightshift
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
Really? You think there is anyone on here who tried out every brand and can therefore give you an informed oppinion?

Uh oh, looks like someone put nails the The Beave's cornflakes again. :R

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
MIne

Guy
No... Mine.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting question and interesting answers. Of the trailers I know of, I would have to say Airstream but I would never own one. Reason being, I do not like the insides of them and I don't want to spend the money on it. For many I would take a guess that the best would be something they could afford. I love my current trailer and would not change it for anything right now. Down the road is another story but for now, my Premier is the best for me.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
wing_zealot wrote:
Really? You think there is anyone on here who tried out every brand and can therefore give you an informed oppinion?

Do you think he may be asking for the group's opinions and not the opinion of one person who has owned every trailer brand? If he had made opinion plural would that have made it clearer for you?
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
All depends what you are looking for. Our Camplite has been terrific; very well built and solid.

CAMPLITE TRAILERS

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Open Range 323 RLS.... absolutely love it..... very well built.... king bed,,, W/D connections,,,, res appliances...

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
junmy3 wrote:
Our 2005 Sunline Solaris TT was a great trailer. We just loved it. Very well built, with just a few small maintenance issues. We would have definitely bought another one if they were still in business.

Our 2002 Sunline Solaris TR280 was a great trailer and we had it for ten years.

We've been pleased with our Winnebago Minnie and in my opinion, the Winnebago line is "above average". I'm not really sure that there are any "high end" travel trailers aside from Airstream and other specialty trailers mentioned such as Oliver and Escape. For really luxury trailers, the market has been in fifth wheel trailers.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 Sunline Solaris TT was a great trailer. We just loved it. Very well built, with just a few small maintenance issues. We would have definitely bought another one if they were still in business.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS