cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RAM 6.7 Cummins $

rbos57
Explorer
Explorer
I currently own a Ram 2500 6.4 liter hemi Gasser and I'm looking into a 1-ton 3500 diesel. What is a good and fair price in your opinion for the Tradesman model. I don't need all the bells and whistles and the Tradesman is what I have now. Thank you all for your opinions
29 ft tt
2016 RAM 3500 6.7 CUMMINS
16 REPLIES 16

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
love our 2015 Ram 3500 Tradesman
yesterday left Stockton, ca for Klamath falls, Or. 359 miles later
66mph to 72mph. 20.8. no 5er. I too pinch myself.
passed Lake Shasta it looks so full. I thought it would take at least 3 yrs to fill again.
they changed the speed limit on 97 weed to K-falls to 65 now, and trucks can go 60
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Crambo
Explorer
Explorer
I got my 2500 for right at 43 grand last May with some haggling. It stickered for almost 51,000. It was a tradesman and I got them to tint the windows, spray in the Bedliner and replace mirrors with the tow mirrors. Dennis Dillon is cheaper but it would have been a long drive for me. I noticed my dealer was willing to knock off more money on the more expensive models but I didn't need all of the stuff that came on them.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I always offer invoice minus rebates and incentives on new vehicles. I've always found a dealer that will agree.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
eDUBz wrote:
I think all trucks made today are great, it comes to what you like and need in a truck......Wow! I was just on dennis dillion and man they have some great prices. Maybe my next truck will be a fully loaded dodge dually laramie.....Hmmm

After owning a 2006 ram 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4 ended up trading in on Ram 3500 4x4 Laramie longhorn Dually!! Went looking for a SLT or tradesman but ended up with the longhorn. Still pinching myself every time I drive it.

nirion
Explorer
Explorer
Price off the new truck is half the deal, but you also need to get a good trade value. Kernersville in NC offered over $11k off a new Big Horn, but they also offered $7k less trade in than I ended up getting at a dealer that was a little over $10k off msrp on the new truck.

I would definitely recommend Ken @ Bob Schwartz Ram in Indiana. He is the truck manager.

Mine actually got built yesterday and should be at the dealer in about 12 days.
2016 Ram 3500 SRW Big Horn CC LB 4x4, Cummins Turbo Diesel, Maximum Steel
2015 Sprinter 324FWBHS
2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn CC LB 4x4, Hemi 6.4, 4.10 - SOLD

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
$10k off sticker is the start of a good deal on new diesel pickups.
What's astounding is how many people apparently pay sticker price, or at least I presume they did when they're asking $10 k or less off new sticker price for used rigs.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Costco. I bought my F350 using Costco. I tried everything else I could think of first, but Costco ended up being the cheapest way to go.

Bedlam
jmtandem wrote:
I currently own a Ram 2500 6.4 liter hemi Gasser and I'm looking into a 1-ton 3500 diesel. What is a good and fair price in your opinion for the Tradesman model. I don't need all the bells and whistles and the Tradesman is what I have now. Thank you all for your opinions

Contact Dave Smith in Kellogg Idaho and get an excellent idea of what you can purchase one for. Most dealers will take $10-11K off the factory MSRP.

Typically invoice price and an additional $500 off plus any rebate running if buying from Dave Smith.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on the Dave Smith experience.... when I was shopping I exchanged a few emails with them and their prices really weren't that good. When I told them I was using the Costco program and told them the price they stopped responding.

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
minnow wrote:
Been there, done that with Dave Smith. His out-the-door price was the highest of all the dealers I shopped. From what I learned, Dave Smith was bought out and is not the same dealership as in the past and no longer offers bottom line pricing.
I ended up with Dennis Dillion also in Idaho. Their first offer was darn near $12000 below MSRP and no one could even come close to that discount of the 7 dealers I shopped. This was on an SLT.

This was my experience last June as well. Dave Smith was the highest by quite a bit and Dillon was the lowest by a smaller margin (I think about $1500 less than the next closest dealer).

I paid almost $12k off MSRP on a well optioned Tradesman. Sticker prices appear to have gone up some on the 2016s.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Been there, done that with Dave Smith. His out-the-door price was the highest of all the dealers I shopped. From what I learned, Dave Smith was bought out and is not the same dealership as in the past and no longer offers bottom line pricing.
I ended up with Dennis Dillion also in Idaho. Their first offer was darn near $12000 below MSRP and no one could even come close to that discount of the 7 dealers I shopped. This was on an SLT.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
I think all trucks made today are great, it comes to what you like and need in a truck......Wow! I was just on dennis dillion and man they have some great prices. Maybe my next truck will be a fully loaded dodge dually laramie.....Hmmm
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

FireGuard
Explorer II
Explorer II
$9k-12K off sticker.
Check Dennis Dillion in Idaho. They have several 3500 Trademan in the $41k-$43k range.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
got 10,000 off our Ram tradesman. all models had it. put mine at 41,000.
I see now that they have 11,000 and sometimes 12,000 off.
good luck, great truck
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚