Did you mean: 

RAM/Jeep on a roll

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Ram sales are up 44% according to TFL

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/12/rams-november-sales-numbers-soar-sales-report/

Jeep sales up 20% according to USA today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2018/12/03/december-us-auto-sales/2189608002/

That and the new Jeep Gladiator looks to be a big hit - likely to blunt the release of the Ford ranger a bit.

Time to go fishing in Texas I guess.
36 REPLIES 36

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
The real shocker is how GM is fading. Ram must be taking those sales.

GM has a new design for the 2020. I would venture a guess that at least a measurable percentage of potential GM buyers are awaiting the new truck.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Our 07 wrangler has 167,000 and the valve cover gasket has been changed throttle body cleaned twice, brakes done twice and it's on its third set of tires.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"If I had one complaint about my RAM it would be that it wont wear out so I can justify a new one."

Love my 15, tows 33k combined with confidence and double towing at 35k. May buy a new 5th gen but it all depends on it's looks.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
My '99 Dodge Ram 2500 has 410,000+ miles on it. Still going strong. Well, OK, the transmission has been rebuilt twice.
My '05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited has 185,000+ miles. Still runs great. Well, OK, the second gear synchronizer is weak and the paint on the hood needs redone.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

richclover
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
yep still hate them, sorry for the cap lock. notice I didn,t brag about another brand. you guys with the ram an jeeps sure are lucky. doors on my ram rusted threw at 48k garage kept and only drove on sundays.,motor was fine but dodge didn,t make my diesel engine.

Sorry to hear about the rust.

Wife drove a 2005 Grand Cherokee to work in Salt Lake City for 6 years. I drove a 1999 Dodge 2500 there for 7 years. Think salt brine solution on I-80 every winter storm. Like driving on Daytona Beach in the surf. We had no rust problems on either vehicle.

IIRC at some point the sheet metal was galvanized?
Rich
2019 RAM 1500 Classic 4X4 Hemi
2021 CanAm Maverick DS Turbo
Southern NV

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
yep still hate them, sorry for the cap lock. notice I didn,t brag about another brand. you guys with the ram an jeeps sure are lucky. doors on my ram rusted threw at 48k garage kept and only drove on sundays.,motor was fine but dodge didn,t make my diesel engine.

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Because they DODGE the bill
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've often pondered, when sitting at the bar after work with a bunch of guys taking turns buying rounds, why the guys driving the Dodge trucks are always conveniently nowhere around when it's time for them to pull out the wallet.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
micpib1 wrote:
For what its worth... I am driving my 4th RAM, one was gas and the others with the Cummins. Most vehicles are overall pretty good now days, my RAM Trucks have never let me down or left me on the side of the road so far. I also own a 2016 Jeep Wrangler, I have had zero problems or repairs other than routine oil changes... and my wife loves the attention that comes along with driving such a sexy vehicle. 🙂 JH

Must be topless to love the attention
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
For what its worth... I am driving my 4th RAM, one was gas and the others with the Cummins. Most vehicles are overall pretty good now days, my RAM Trucks have never let me down or left me on the side of the road so far. I also own a 2016 Jeep Wrangler, I have had zero problems or repairs other than routine oil changes... and my wife loves the attention that comes along with driving such a sexy vehicle. 🙂 JH

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
goducks10 wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Looks promising. But you have to take monthly sales numbers with a grain of salt. 44% increase in November Ram sales only brings the year total increase up to 4%. Year end totals give the accurate picture, for all brands.

Incentives$$ ?

They look to be mirroring the current GM incentives. Appx 10K off certain models. Ford is offering up to 12.5K off.
So it looks like they're all offering discounts.

If I had one complaint about my RAM it would be that it wont wear out so I can justify a new one.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Looks promising. But you have to take monthly sales numbers with a grain of salt. 44% increase in November Ram sales only brings the year total increase up to 4%. Year end totals give the accurate picture, for all brands.

Incentives$$ ?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! the haters came out fast. Fact is FCA is doing well. Jeeps are solid and reliable. Rams.....the same. Sure a few will have issues as with any manuf. Im sure there are people out there that have a lot of negatives about Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota and Nisan. I for one am done with Fords and how they rot out after 4 years! my neighbor has a `10 F150 and the bed is rotted and looks terrible. it was rusting after 5 years. my wifes 13 Explorer is rusting at the upper part of the rear doors. My Excursion had the doors rotting away after 7 years and 50k miles. No more Fords for me!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
OWNED TWO RAMS ,YOU COULD NOT GIVE ME ANOTHER, AND JEEPS ARE JUNK. YOU WANT A CHEAP TRUCK BUY A DODGE.

Basing your intellect off this post, maybe it was the owner???
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10’s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!