Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sad news from Janet Curley...

Nemo667
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Ben and Tory,

This is Janet. I very much regret having to tell you that Don passed away on February 12th due to a pulmonary embolism. It was very sudden and a big shock, and I still cannot believe it. Don enjoyed sharing and trading "words of wisdom" with many people on several forums. Don was a very special person and I know he will be missed by many. We had been married for 33 years and I have a wealth of wonderful memories. Don grew up in Southern California and I plan to take his ashes there at a later date.

Janet Curley

Tory & Don at Yankee Boy Basin this past September

Tory & Janet

Don Janet and Steve in 29 camping off Salt Vally Road Moab UT

Tory Don Janet & Shin Arches NP

Don & Steve discussing a geological feature at Arches NP

Steve Shin Tory Lynn & Dave night before starting the White Rim Trail with Don & Janet in the lead. Dave & Lynn were off to Top of The World Trail the next morning.

Thanks for the memories Don...

White Rim Trail

San Juan Mountains trip report...

Ben & Tory
2007 F-350 SRW 6.0L CC SB 4X4
2006 Outfitter Apex 8, 220W Solar and 3 AGM's
2013 Jeep Rubicon
72 REPLIES 72

Less_Stuff
Explorer
Explorer
Sad News indeed. My condolences to his family.

Isn't it great he got do do some of the things he loved.
I'm doing the same posting this from Mulegรฉ, Baja California Sur.
We never know how long we have.
Rest in Peace Don.
DG
Former user name: "Lots of Stuff"
2015 RAM 1500 V6 8 speed
Regular cab short bed 2 wheel drive.
Leer 180 Topper

countrycampers3
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very sorry for your Loss. Be thankful for the time the Lord gave you and remember the memories.

Life is too short. We all need to set aside our differences, and take time to enjoy life, family, friends and Places. Remember give a helping hand. That might even come in the form of a question you might be able to help someone one here with. If you haven't been there yet go, make a memory, take pictures, slow down and most of all take it in, and thank the Lord for it.

God Bless.
2008 Ford F-350 Dually Flatbed

2013 NorthStar Arrow 8.5 with side storage compartments.

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
Janet,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I was able to talk with Don a few times and had many e-mails from him while I was going through my purchase of my Apex 8. His help along with Whazoo,and Steve's was so helpful.
My prayers are with you,your family and all of those who knew his good heart.
Ed
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Dear Janet:

I'm absolutely stunned at the news of Don's sudden passing.

Don and I had worked on the huge White Rim Trail mapping project (a 3.5 year endeavor) way back from 2008 that ultimately culminated in a (no cost) resources for expeditioners (installed from a link on the Expedition Portal).

We never got to meet both of you (face-to-face), however, like the many colleagues of mine (abroad) I work with daily and will in all likelihood never meet, I developed an keen appreciation for his off-road expedition prowess and passion, his analytic approach to all things and your team approach to everything !

Our sincerest condolences,

Silversand & Dunes
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

James_
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss Janet. God bless
2006 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4 dually, crew cab.
6.6 diesel, Allison trans. Air bags.
2011 Lance 992 duel pop-out, 2200 gen, 135 watt solar panal, Yakima skybox.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I too have never personally met Don or Janet, but have read and enjoyed many, many of his postings in our little community here. I send heartfelt condolences to Janet, their family and all their friends in "real life" and on here.

God Bless,
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our thoughts and prayers to you as well..
Never met Don, but certainly bebefited from his posts and wisdom here on the TC forum.

We have lost some beloved members here this past year...
I think we can take solace knowing TC'ers live life to the fullest, and are some of the nicest Folks you can meet.

God Bless Don and God Bless America.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hate to hear this. Don was a major contributor to this forum for many years and he will be missed. I had invited Don to join our group this summer for a few days of 4-wheelinโ€™ in the San Juan mtns, but had not heard back from him. Real shame; he left us too soon.

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like others, I'm in shock. I never met Don but I did PM some questions to him a while back and he was very helpful. The forum has lost a valued member.

My condolences to Janet and everyone in Don's circle of family and friends, of which I'm sure there were many.

Dan
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
I am also very shocked and saddened to hear this. Don was someone I had in mind that I would like to meet. I had shown Sally pictures of his truck and adventures on several ocassions (rare for me to do). Thanks to orourkmw for showing that post from Don - it makes you think - he could have still been working 80 hour weeks and dropped dead at a corporate desk somewhere. In retrospect the decision to get out and make the most of life has been vindicated. Our hearts go out to the family.

Steve and Sally.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

Bubtoofat
Explorer
Explorer
SO sorry to hear of Don's passing. He'll be missed around here.
Mike
2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

Coblue
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry to hear this. My condolences to Janet and his family. Don answered lots of questions for me, from Dodge Rams and tie-downs, to "is it always that windy in Moab in the spring?". He is an inspiration to so many of us, the least we can do is make good on that inspiration.
2011 Northstar Laredo, 300w solar, CR110 Built to Boondock
2006 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab Short Box, Bilsteins, Firestone Ride-Rites, 285/70-17s, AFE 4" cat-back, bixenon HIDs

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
Janet,

I never met Don but after reading many of his articles on this forum he struck me as a bright, thoughtfull and adventuresome man. A real keeper.

You are lucky to have been his partner and will cherish the memories of the times you spent together.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

Steve_in_29
Explorer
Explorer
Janet,

Deepest condolences from Shin and myself for your loss. We had greatly enjoyed the time we spent with you and Don and I had looked forward to doing it again sometime.
2007 F350,SC,LB,4x4,6.0/Auto,35" tires,16.5 Warn,Buckstop bumpers
2007 Outfitter Apex9.5,270W solar,SolarBoost2000e,2 H2K's,2KW inverter,2 20lb LP on slide out tray,4 Lifeline AGM bats,Tundra fridge
95 Bounder 28' ClassA sold
91 Jamboree 21' ClassC sold

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
Tho I dont know ya'll I am sorry for your loss, My God grant you and your family peace of mind and heart.