cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sleepys birthday

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy is having a birthday today. I understand he is close to 90, just wondering if he's the oldest truck camper here? He probably would say he is oldest and wisest.:R
40 REPLIES 40

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I know I'm late to the party, was busy all weekend.

HAPPY (late) BIRTHDAY CHET!!
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Birthday, to the wise owl. ??

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Happy Birthday Sleepy. May you have many more.

Wheelholder
Explorer
Explorer
I know i am late to the party, but Happy Birthday Sleepy. I have enjoyed reading your exploits over the last several years. Hope you have many more and can continue to add to the journeys.
2008 Silverado crew cab Duramax/Allison
2008 Lance 830

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Happy Birthday Chet .

Lets all bring birthday cakes to sleepy's house . :B

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Happy Birthday!
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
to paraphase and old TV Broadcast

Happy Birtday and Goodnight Chet
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday Sleepy, you are the Man!
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC

TCINTN
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday Chet.
Dude,you are old.;)
"But if not"
"Nevertheless"

6pac
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday !
May you have many more !
Chevy 2006 2500HD 4 x 4 Duramax / Allison srw cc sb Fh air bags
Lance 2005 model 881 Max
Doriece & Ernest ( 6pac )

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
bka0721 wrote:
He certainly is no way close to 90, but his heart is certainly a young 35 years old.

Sadly we all know that our bodies don't live up to our expectation for what we think our ages are. Outwardly we might look much older to the viewer of us. But, I bet Sleepy (Chet) knows what his true age is, from the inside. Happy Birthday, my friend, and looking forward to many more years of you sharing and clicking more nights in your Truck Camper, with Janet.

b

Happy Birthday Bryan.... Btyan and I share September 25th with my younger brother... exactly 9 months from Christmas.

As you point out we tend to know our true ages..... and they tend to change back and forth a bit.

When I look at 55 year olds I know that most of them are younger than me.... but when I look at the 60 year olds I believe I can fit in. Janet too.

It makes for a dilemma... Janet and I have been married almost 53 years.... while we feel like we are 60 years old.... and probably look may age. She looks good!

Could it be all of this time together in our truck campers since 1970.... the closeness and the good times?

Thanks everyone.

Chet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

bka0721
Explorer II
Explorer II
He certainly is no way close to 90, but his heart is certainly a young 35 years old.

Sadly we all know that our bodies don't live up to our expectation for what we think our ages are. Outwardly we might look much older to the viewer of us. But, I bet Sleepy (Chet) knows what his true age is, from the inside. Happy Birthday, my friend, and looking forward to many more years of you sharing and clicking more nights in your Truck Camper, with Janet.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Happy birthday! But I'll have to say my Dad's older by several years, still TCing, and is the wisest :B He reads this forum but doesn't post. I plan on getting him in a room with you one day, Sleepy, then will sit back and watch the fireworks fly :B
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Happy Birthday Chet.

We are out on the road trying to catch up with you on our "Nights in the TC" number. Har! That'll never happen ๐Ÿ™‚

We're in a campground near Waco, TX right now. Going to watch Baylor (the boss's alma-mater) whup Rice (Whooooo?) today in their new McLane stadium. If you watch the game on FSN, the boss will be on the field at halftime with the Alumni Band.

After that, we're heading west to destinations unknown.

Good luck with your bathroom project.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
Sleepy is having a birthday today. I understand he is close to 90, just wondering if he's the oldest truck camper here? He probably would say he is oldest and wisest.:R

I am sure that Stan is just joking...

Facts:

I was 75 years old yesterday.... OMG, 3/4 of a century! I'm pretty sure there are several people older than me on the TC Forum.

And we all know... There are plenty of people wiser than me on the truck camper forum But I'm also pretty sure that the brightest and best of the RV world own and operate truck campers.... so, even if I am in the bottom 70% of TC Owners I might look better to outsiders but you guys know better.

I can make a statement that will surprise and please many of you young whipper snappers...

"Slow travel is cheaper than staying home!" You are going to be OK when you get old.

How can this be?

When I am home I buy stuff almost every day it seems.... when we are traveling in our faithful truck camper we don't have room to store any extras.... so we don't buy a lot of stuff we really don't need. That saves more money than the price of fuel.... and we never rent a place to park the truck camper....

So, boys and girls.... that is the extent of Sleepy wisdom.... I hope that you aren't too disappointed.

Thanks for the birthday wishes... stick around... we'll do an update in another 25 years.

Note: I'd visit longer but I'm personally gutting a bathroom at home and replacing the floors, walls, ceiling.... I removed the cast iron tub... replacing it with a full size shower and fancy glass doors... it goes on, and on... a money pit...

See.... traveling would be much cheaper and our TC has a nice bathroom already.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare