cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strangest thing you found on your roof?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
While camping I looked up to notice a rock sitting on my roof hung in one of my vent covers but visible from my skylight. It was about the half the size of a golf ball. Unclear how it got there although there was lots of construction between Western Washington and Yellowstone with quite a bit in one section of Yellowstone.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member
21 REPLIES 21

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I have my TC covered with a tarp when parked and there was small puddle of water after rain where a maple tree seed landed and sprouted very quickly,was about five inches tall so I replanted it into the ground...its amazing what a hot roof and bit of water can do in very short time..

pbrooks101
Explorer
Explorer

This hurt a lot!!! Wasn't just on the roof, but through the roof as well.... Does that count?
2011 Ford F350 Superduty DRW SD
2011 Lance 1191 (picture below shows 2004 1161-will update soon!)
2010 HD Street Glide
2005 Pace-American MC trailer
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
It's not RV related but, when I was in high school I took my girl friend home one night.
When I went to open her door, there was a hook hanging on the handle.
Does that count? :B

Too funny! 🙂
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Powerdude
Explorer
Explorer
I have a raccoon trap on my roof.

Them critters have been known to go up there.
2016 F250 CCSB 4x4 6.2L
2001 Lance 820

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
romore wrote:
We were at a McDonald's drive thru the other day when a mouse appeared on the cowl. He disappeared so I assumed he jumped off, we pulled onto the highway and there he was again. I stopped and punted him into the grass with my wife's cane.

how did you get through the driv-thru with a tc?
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
Parts of trees and green leaves;

Not used to all this green stuff in the PNW!!

2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads

spyder152
Explorer
Explorer
I found a cordless drill on the roof. I just bought it and I guess the previous owner took off something before he sold it and forgot the drill. Yes, I returned it.
1998 Fleetwood Caribou 11M on a 1997 F350 7.3L Crewcab

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
It was clear and starry when we went to sleep surrounded by bare dirt

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
told us to yell and throw stones

Well, now we know how that stone got on jimh425's roof ! 😉

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
It's not RV related but, when I was in high school I took my girl friend home one night.

You just dated yourself!!! :B
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
A repair shops hacksaw. Why? I don't know. Been up there almost a year, I guess.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
bird******:)

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We were at a McDonald's drive thru the other day when a mouse appeared on the cowl. He disappeared so I assumed he jumped off, we pulled onto the highway and there he was again. I stopped and punted him into the grass with my wife's cane.