cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to Install New Tires - Evergreen Brand?

vwsportbug
Explorer
Explorer
I have to install 6 new tires on my tow vehicle within the next month or two and the best deal I've found is on a brand called "Evergreen" which I've never heard of before. Does anyone have any experience with this tire manufacturer? Are their tires any good? I'm sure they are made in China but the price is $300 lower than for any other brand (so $50 each).

Please respond only if you have any actual experience with this tire brand.

Thanks
VeeDub
2006 Carriage Cameo LXI F35FD3
2006 Ford F350 Dually
33 REPLIES 33

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two things to never cut corners on are brakes and tires. Buy the best you can afford...and nothing from China.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
milo wrote:
PS
Now that wasn't so hard was it ..

Not hard at all. But it doesn't answer either of his questions either. 😉

I'm sure the manufacturer claims they're the best tires ever made. Myself, I avoid tires like this as I believe that even though they're cheaper the total cost of ownership may be higher than a name-brand tire.
’19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP....to answer your question ..I have never heard of them but if you check out there website, it will give you some info...http://www.evergreentyre.com/index.html

Milo

PS
Now that wasn't so hard was it ..
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker 😉

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
vwsportbug wrote:
Oh man! I'm the original poster here on this thread and I really didn't want to get FLAMED which is why I requested only responses from people with some actual experience.

I'm like everybody else - I will do my "due diligence" before I buy a new unknown brand. I recall my father buying Michelin tires back in the '60's when no one had ever heard of them either! Every company starts somewhere and this company could be the next Michelin for all I know (or, it seems, anyone else on here knows).

If I don't get good reports on these tires, I won't be buying them so please don't try to lecture me from your high horse about something you know nothing about!

By all means do your due diligence but in 1960 your father could have found out Michelin had already been around for over 70 years and they invented radial tires.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
No experience with them but tires are the only thing that connect your vehicle to the road and the last thing you want to cheap out on. I would never go with anything that didn't have come kind of track record.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for the "tough love" just hope you will listen to all the voices of wisdom on here!

Look up the parent company, if you can't pronounce the name you don't want them.

Stick with QUALITY name brand tires and pay the price.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
vwsportbug wrote:
Oh man! I'm the original poster here on this thread and I really didn't want to get FLAMED which is why I requested only responses from people with some actual experience.

I'm like everybody else - I will do my "due diligence" before I buy a new unknown brand. I recall my father buying Michelin tires back in the '60's when no one had ever heard of them either! Every company starts somewhere and this company could be the next Michelin for all I know (or, it seems, anyone else on here knows).

If I don't get good reports on these tires, I won't be buying them so please don't try to lecture me from your high horse about something you know nothing about!

To the OP, Michelin was an established tire company in Europe, before they were offered here in the states. I had Michelin tires on cars since 1968! I was one of the Radial Radicals, and loved every minute of owing. Evergreen sounds like a real start up.

Here is a link to their WEB site.

http://www.evergreentyre.com/index.html
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Evergreen=Chine$e Green
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I was one of those that should have kept his mouth shut. I apologize for giving my 2 cents...Best bet for OP would be to go ahead and buy these tires and report back to us on how well they worked out.

Sorry for having posted with no prior experience...
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
And, based on responses, he'd next have been asking why we're ignoring his Q?

OP -- we're trying to assist, and if no one has experience with the brand, it says very little for it, new brand or not. Some of this info is spot-on, regardless of the brand you're investigating.

I'll stand by my first comment -- find out who actually makes it, and investigate that company first, or in addition. That will get you info about the brand itself - one no one here has ever heard about.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

taken
Explorer
Explorer
JIMNLIN wrote:
taken wrote:
No one is lecturing. It is just common sense that if something is very cheap, from China, and untested in the market, you avoid it. I think the "high horse" comments are from those of us who can't believe that these obvious clues didn't set off your common (spidey) sense...

Disagree.
The op simply asked if anyone has and experience with Evergreen tire manufacturer and asked "Please respond only if you have any actual experience with this tire brand." Pretty simple question.

I

To which there was obviously no answer so people took the thread in another direction. Not exactly uncommon or unexpected... I guess silence would have been deafening but not exactly what forumites are known for or good at.
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
vwsportbug wrote:

Michelins were known back in the '60's in the North American market as excellent tires. They were the tires to get for sports cars, along with Pirelli and Dunlops.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
No one is lecturing. It is just common sense that if something is very cheap, from China, and untested in the market, you avoid it. I think the "high horse" comments are from those of us who can't believe that these obvious clues didn't set off your common (spidey) sense...

Disagree.
The op simply asked if anyone has and experience with Evergreen tire manufacturer and asked "Please respond only if you have any actual experience with this tire brand." Pretty simple question.

I
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP