cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

True LT tire ?????

wkrp
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to know if anyone has or had the Michelin LTX M/S2 tires, what your opinions are and if they are indeed LT tires.

They will be replacements for my P275 OEM Michelin's that came on my Tundra.
Below is a paragrah from the Michelin web site stating they are.

The Michelin LTX M/S2: The tireโ€™s internal structure includes twin steel belts (three steel belts in Load Range D and Load Range E sizes) to provide the strength and durability needed to handle heavy loads.
17 REPLIES 17

retento
Explorer
Explorer
I run the LTX M/S2 on everything but the Benz... They don't make them in a size for that suv...

Lowsuv
Explorer
Explorer
i have about 50,000 miles on michelin LT265/75R 16 E tires on my duramax mounted on 8 inch wide aftermarket Weld wheels .
they look good for another summer .
they have not needed to be rebalanced at all .
they are highway tread and are still quiet .
standard tire is a 245 /75R16E.
my experience is that the upgrade to 265 size gives me an additional 10 % in tire wear over the 245 . The load range E tire also helps the wear factor .
i run 50 psi normal and 65 psi when loaded / towing .
at 3415 # load rating per tire i am not afraid to load right to the 9200# gvw of the truck .
ride is a little rougher than the 245.
no punctures , ever , and we dry camp down gravel / unimproved roads .

catfishmontana
Explorer
Explorer
I hate these tires. Mine cracked (actually came that way on a new truck), horrible traction in deeper snow and mud. Had 22K miles on them when I traded the truck and they were about shot.
2016 F350 Platinum Dually, CC
2014 Cyclone 3800 toyhauler
B&W Companion 20K

TECMike
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a set for several weeks now without any problems at all. In fact, I have bought the older LTX/MS Michelins for all our vehicles during the last fifteen years without any problems.

Also, I have had two test pulls for short distances. While I did not think it was possible, these new LTX/MS2 tires in 265/75/16E handle our travel trailer even better than our previous older design LTX/MS series. And that says a lot.

Time will tell, however, and I hope they continue to perform as well as my other Michelin tires. I sure hope so. Gracious, tires have increased in price since four years ago.

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
wkrp wrote:
Beercan:

What are your complaints against this tire?

I have balance/vibration issues with them. With less than 10k on my current set I have already had 3 tires replaced under warranty. It may be a size specific issue but this will be the last time I buy them. BTW I am using 275/65-18

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have had my 265/70 17's , for about 2.5 years and 30,000+ miles on the F-150 SCab and I love them. Last tire inspection showed more than half the useable tread life remaining. I tow about 50% of the time, daily driver for the rest. The improvement of the LT's over the old P's was night and day and the ride remains smooth and quiet. I rarely but not never, go down serious dirt roads and living inTucson don't see much snow, some but not much. :B

Shadow_Grey
Explorer
Explorer
BenK wrote:
Michelin LTX M/S2 is a model line of tires

There are both 'P' class *AND* 'LT' class tires of that model line

The only way to tell is with the side wall info...P245/75R16
Is a 'P' class. LT245/75R16 is a 'LT' class

Right there is the true answer...they come in both P and LT classes...be carefull when ordering.

I am looking at M/S2 or A/T2 tires right now for the truck and haven't made up my mind yet...Thinking A/T2s for the truck and M/S2s for the trailer...all in LT class.
'11 F150 XLT Red Candy Met. Ecoboost 4X4 Screw 5.5', Max Tow,Reese R16k 5th wheel hitch,Ride-Rite Air Springs, E Rated Tires, Extang Cover
'13 Keystone Cougar X-Lite 29RES,triple slides,Mor/Ryde suspension, Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder, 16" E rated tires

RamTX
Explorer
Explorer
Have the second set on my 3/4 ton pickup. They are very good-got well over 50,000 miles of use on them. I do have them rotated for free at Costco's where I bought them.
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD ShortBed Quad Cab
08 Jayco Eagle Superlite 31.5FBHS
Line X
Superglide Hitch
Prodigy Brake Controller

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
We put LT285/75R16E on the van, and they seem great. Decent ride, very quiet, and do fine on the beach too. Only have about 5000 miles on them, so hard to tell how they will last, but we put so few miles on the van, they will probably dry rot before they wear out ....
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I think the LT LTX M/S an now M/S2 is the finest tire in it's class from any manufacturer. I put over 100,000 miles on two different sets, but I wasn't towing a lot at that time.

Lots of opinions here, but this is mine after driving on a lot of different brands over the past 50 years.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Michelin LTX M/S2 is a model line of tires

There are both 'P' class *AND* 'LT' class tires of that model line

The only way to tell is with the side wall info...P245/75R16
Is a 'P' class. LT245/75R16 is a 'LT' class
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on our truck. They have been excellent both towing and daily driving. Good traction, run quiet, and seem to be holding up very well.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

wkrp
Explorer
Explorer
Beercan:

What are your complaints against this tire?

BeerCan
Explorer
Explorer
Not a big fan of them, but I am in the minority with that opinion.