Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ultra light TT

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone,
We just sold our hybrid and are wanting to move in to a TT. Was hoping to hear some manufacturers/models that we should look at.

We have a Dodge Ram 1500 and will be looking at 21 to 23 foot trailers, depending on weight.

Thanks in Advance

randy
28 REPLIES 28

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
Might look at the Chalet Takena models. That's what we went with. Lighter than the Camplite even. The Funfinder ones also looked nice, but were a little heavier.

popere
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for all of the info.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Where is Woodglue?

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

audio1der
Explorer
Explorer
We LOVE our Passport Grand Touring ultra light 3220BH

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
rjxj wrote:
Camplite

I'll second Camplite. We tow our Camplite 21BHS with or Ram 1500. Towed over 6000 miles over the last year, including out west. It's been a great combination.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
You might want to take a look at some of the fiberglass "Eggs". I have a link to the different manufacturers here. (Scroll down past the blogs). Sizes range from 13', 1000 lb trailers to 25'. I have an Escape 17B, 17', 3010 lbs loaded for a trip with a tongue weight of 350 lbs.

While expensive, they are very light for their size, and extremely durable. I've attended rallies where the oldest trailer was over 40 years old.

Correct , they are very lightweight. Would not work here so much, but can see the advantages in the US

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
X3 Lance.

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Lance

They're more expensive than the average trailer, but they're 4 season rated, built with a composite which can't rot like wood does. They are also ultralight (they use the same kind of wood used in corporate jets. I got all this info from their website! They also have a 2 year warranty, not every company has that

Here is the factory tour of Lance

Lance Factory Tour
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk bรฅt - Dette mรฅ jeg se!

webwrangler
Explorer
Explorer
We like our Rockwood 2104, but it appears they no longer make them. Rockwood does have a "mini-lite" 2304 that might fit the bill.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/product-details.aspx?LineID=204&Image=5058&ModelID=909#Main
2005 Rockwood 2104
2011 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L 4WD
Equalizer
Prodigy

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I believe every manufacturer has a lightweight brand.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are on our second Fun Finder -- well-made, well-insulated, light, and not too expensive. But our manufacturer, Cruiser RV, just got bought by Thor (which makes Airstream), so we will see what the future holds.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to take a look at some of the fiberglass "Eggs". I have a link to the different manufacturers here. (Scroll down past the blogs). Sizes range from 13', 1000 lb trailers to 25'. I have an Escape 17B, 17', 3010 lbs loaded for a trip with a tongue weight of 350 lbs.

While expensive, they are very light for their size, and extremely durable. I've attended rallies where the oldest trailer was over 40 years old.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at some of the Lance Trailers:)