cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VIDEO: Funnest Thing I've Done In A While - RZR 1000 Ride

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Riding the forest roads in a Polaris RZR 1000.
Riding the forest roads in a Polaris RZR 1000 up to a retired Observatory on the Manastash Ridge. It is amazing how this ATV can eat the road like nothing I've ridden in before. It was handy to find cell service up there miles from anywhere after days of being camped with no connection to the outside. Which is the way it's supposed to be. Need an ATV? The Polaris RZR is Amazing!
Enjoy the ride, see some scenery.
33 REPLIES 33

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
SideHillSoup wrote:
Freep wrote:
Dennis12 wrote:
I watched this twice and seen nothing fun other than two guys riding without helmets ???????

Geeze those things are horribly loud and obnoxious.

We had a bunch of people in ATVs zoom through our formerly peaceful campsite and throw up a lot of dust recently. I have a very dim view of ATVers after that experience.

Please donโ€™t paint all of us ORV enthusiasts with the same brush. There are a lot of us who follow the rules, care for the environment as well as care for our neighbours.
There will always be people that donโ€™t follow rules, regulations, care about the environment or their neighbours, it doesnโ€™t matter the type of activity or the location.
Soup.

The RZR 1000 is not really loud. It has a muffler, spark arrester, The water cooled engine is in an engine compartment, There is a large skid plate on the underside. It is not manufactured to be loud. Others may not be built as such or modified to be loud. Where we were riding is far from any camping or people. the noise in the video is from wind, rough road, and engine noise combining to make a loud sound which is not much different than your truck or jeep driving dirt roads. Sure, there are those who are not respectful of others but most people will do the right thing for the circumstance.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Freep wrote:
Dennis12 wrote:
I watched this twice and seen nothing fun other than two guys riding without helmets ???????

We had a bunch of people in ATVs zoom through our formerly peaceful campsite and throw up a lot of dust recently. I have a very dim view of ATVers after that experience.

Please donโ€™t paint all of us ORV enthusiasts with the same brush. There are a lot of us who follow the rules, care for the environment as well as care for our neighbours.
There will always be people that donโ€™t follow rules, regulations, care about the environment or their neighbours, it doesnโ€™t matter the type of activity or the location.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis12 wrote:

2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Nice ride Jeff. Thanks for the video post.
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
joeshmoe wrote:
I fogot to put the roll eyes face in my post. I dont care for rediclously loud pipes either. Straight pipes are absurd.

Of course from a riders perspective in California, I'd want to make all the noise I can if I were lane splitting down the freeway. That has to be the most absurd, dangerous driving practice there is.

Death wish......

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I fogot to put the roll eyes face in my post. I dont care for rediclously loud pipes either. Straight pipes are absurd.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
Loud pipes just irritate everyone around you and prevent you from hearing things around you.

Agreed.

x2. I wish law enforcement and/or vehicle inspections would hold motorcycles and other vehicles accountable to muffler/ noise requirements. I really don't care to hear your straight pipe bikes.

Signed,
Get off my lawn guy....

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
Loud pipes just irritate everyone around you and prevent you from hearing things around you.

Agreed.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for sharing Jeff. They are a blast.
Naysayers = Jealous
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:

I also have a street sport-tour motorcycle. I refuse to ride with the guys running loud pipes on their bikes and the ones that want scrape foot pegs on every turn. You just need to find the right group that fits your style.

You know the saying...loud pipes save lives.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
They are a god-send.......lol

Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
A SXS has multiple uses besides just racing around trying to catch the ATV's(laughing)..

We use ours for hunting to get where you cannot get the wider/longer 4X4 trucks..

We also use it to plow snow in our driveway and others.

And skid wood to the truck..

Sidehill..I am going to have to look into one of those wood splitters..My wife had a shoulder replacement and can't split wood this year so it's my job until she heals :B..

I hope she heals soon..(laughing)

Yes,side by sides are a bunch of fun even when using them for work..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
The wife made me get rid of my dirt bikes so we got a Yamaha Rhino..I have to admit,there fun to ride around and see the sites..

I also use mine to get firewood and plow..Six Rhino loads of wood equals bout a cord..

Thatโ€™s what we look like on our way back to the truck... I finally bought a electric log splitter....wife was getting a sore back splitting wood..... :B
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks