Yes, it was at Walmart

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
21 REPLIES 21

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Or, he's broke and those were the only legal tires he had that fit... As long as he doesn't engage the 4x4, it'll be fine.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think he was worried about wheel well clearance.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I see a lot of cars on the donut spare. I bet they don't have insurance either.

So do I. Must be a Michigan thing....

Had one pass me on 75 the other day doing at least 80 southbound. I slowed down quickly so if it blew, I wouldn't be involved. My motorcycle has fatter tires.:E

I found a website that says the general rule is not more than 70 miles and not faster than 50 miles per hour

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II

Or they just had a flat!
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:

Had one pass me on 75 the other day doing at least 80 southbound. I slowed down quickly so if it blew, I wouldn't be involved. My motorcycle has fatter tires.:E
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Did you take the photo or find it on the internet...looks photo-shopped with the truck being level.

Nope, I took it in Parker Az last winter. His back door is pointed north and I believe it's called Albertsons grocery is across the street. There is also a free dumpster over there out by the highway, just to share that with everyone.

I usually wait in the truck and see interesting stuff. I was crazy for doing it but I built from the frame up an old 11 foot travel trailer. The whole old trailer from the frame up ended up in the back of a Chevy pickup going to the landfill. I'm always interested in homemade pickup camper caps or other trailers and stuff it's always interesting to talk to people to see how they do it.

It's amazing to see what a person can accomplish on the back of a pickup truck when they want to escape the winter and only want to spend about 3 to $500. If there's a will there's a way.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Around here we call them Razor Tires. Had to be a Walmart shot.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Did you take the photo or find it on the internet...looks photo-shopped with the truck being level.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
1995brave wrote:
Maybe he has hydraulics and he bounces the front up and down to put the baby to sleep. ๐Ÿ™‚

I know that the hydraulics that is inferred is the low-rider, show type... but I could see a big advantage to adding hydraulics to a TC set-up for leveling purposes. Do not the big class A rigs have on-board hydraulics for leveling?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
The way he's parked in and among other vehicles, it looks like he's there shopping, not camping.

Maybe it's his idea of stealth camping?

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Anybody else notice that the top on the camper is popped up?

The way he's parked in and among other vehicles, it looks like he's there shopping, not camping.

Wonder if he drives around with the top popped up like that?

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
Better fuel economy. Keep that truck pointed down hill.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
In the old days of truck camping,that's the way some did it..Well,maybe not just like that but with larger/wider tires on the rear for stability and standard issue in the front..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04