cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What do you wish your RV had that it doesn't? Need advise

kimme
Explorer
Explorer
We have narrowed our RV search down to two models. But we are having trouble deciding. Any advise would be appreciated

Camper 1 (towing 30.5 ft)Apex 278RLS (http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Coachmen-APEX-278RLS-110504425http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Coachmen-APEX-278RLS-110504425)--has 2 chairs and a sofa (68 in) so it is a little bigger. Has a slide in living area. Second entry to camper into bedroom. But it has little counter space in kitchen, small hallway by the bathroom into the bedroom (door way is small into the bedroom). Bedroom seems tight.

Camper 2 (towing 28.5 ft)Apes 249RBS (http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Coachmen-APEX-249RBS-110293874http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Coachmen-APEX-249RBS-110293874)--Tons of storage. Has a slide in living area. Has a sofa (68 in). Seems to have more counter space in kitchen. Bedroom has a little more room. Second entry to camper into bathroom.

Reasons we are trading---We don't have a slide, we currently have bunks and don't use them, it is only my husband, the dog and myself. We have no place to sit other than at the table. I have no counter space. Bathroom is small with no stora
15 REPLIES 15

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I went from a floor plan that was very similar to camper 2 to my current which is very similar to camper 1. I really like the rockers and I don't think I would want to give them up now. My last camper was a Coachmen Freedom Express 242RBS and my current is a Keystone Bullet Premier 28 RLPR. in my current trailer I wish I had more counter space and a full size queen bed. Other than that it works really well for us. Good luck!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Deeper slide, bigger bathroom & recliners (hip relief).
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS

daveyboy12
Explorer
Explorer
I wish I had more counter space and a shower instead of a tiny step up bath tub.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
A Bar !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

tandkj
Explorer
Explorer
What do you wish your RV had that it doesn't - someone else to make the payments.
Tis another fine day to serve in and for the glory of the Corps. Every day is a holiday and every meal a feast.
08 Camelot Custom build
07 Ranger Toad
One Golden Retriever at the Rainbow Bridge and a new one traveling with us.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your happier with #2. If it's not what you want then keep looking until #3 comes along. Don't pick one because it's the lesser of two evils.

Now for the heading. What do I wish my RV had.
Every RV we've had since the early 70's has been missing one item that I would truly covet. A night deposit box for the Brink's truck to use.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't see recliners in the second one but did in the first - I would never want to give up my recliners
so much more comfortable then a couch even if they are close together
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
More counter space and more room with the slide in to get to the bath room and bed room even tho it has a door to the rear . Would like wardrobe cabinet on both sides to hang clothes instead of just one.
samsontdog:o:W

kelly94942
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my current RV had a full-length bed like my previous 2 did!
Me and wonderful DH
Previous #1: 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 299BHS, 2007 Chevy Tahoe
Previous #2: 2010 Carriage Carri-Lite 36MAX1, 2008 Ford F-450 (full timed for two years)
Current: 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 300BHSL, 2004 Ford Excursion

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Third slide, side vision camera, TPMS, 7" RVND7720 GPS, Full body paint, tag axel, Hydra-lift, MCD shades, two new LCD TV's. I gladly accept gifts. TIA, lol
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

kimme
Explorer
Explorer
I would love bigger slides but we have weight limitations. These campers are under 5

ut_pupcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Don't like the "baby slides" in either one. If you're gng to add the weight of a slide to the mix get the deep slide you'll be glad you did.

In any case get the one that "feels" the best to you. Don't know if there is any such thing as the "perfect" trailer. There will always be compromises made.
Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie ๐Ÿ™‚

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
About camper 2 - In the bedroom there are no nightstands - just those closets. Over time, that might be frustrating, as would having those walls right next to your head. I'm not a fan of the door being in the bathroom - but that's me - you might feel differently. The TV set-up is much better than in Camper 1. I wouldn't buy an rv where the couch is right next to the stove top. If you have to cook anything greasy that may splash, it would get all over the couch or anyone sitting there.

About camper 1 - The furniture looks oversized for the space but the leather/pleather is great to have with a dog. the tv is in a horrible position. No nightstands - same as camper 1.

As you can see, no matter what you buy, you will have to compromise. We spent months driving from PA to VA looking for the perfect trailer, walking through probably 100 before we settled on the one we bought. It isn't perfect, but it is the closest we could come. The things I wish our tt had that it doesn't: more counter space (but I use the dinette if I need to), leather furniture to avoid the dog hair problem (I'm in the process of fixing that), better lighting (after working in an office for years, I hate overhead lighting). What I wouldn't give up that my new trailer has: all the windows, particularly the large rear window; the space, including the large shower; the storage; the insulation.

We moved from a 22' with no slide and limited seating to our current tt. The increase in space was worth all the time spent searching. Personally, I prefer the rear living arrangement. The large window makes the space seem even larger.

Best of luck in your search!
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
We narrowed our search to three models. We selected ours because it had 95% of what we wanted, and it was the lightest and most aerodynamic to tow. However, I wish it had an outdoor kitchen like one of the other models (small fridge, sink, stove, counters), and the slideout was another 1' deep (it is 24" deep).
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?