Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Alberta 6 & 5 To Waterton

Are there any bridge clearance issues for a 13'-2" high 5th wheel on Alberta routes 6 and 5 between the Chief Mountain border crossing and Waterton?I ask because Alberta has a maximum trailer height of 13'-1" (4 meters), but a minimum bridge height (...

I-10 Lake Charles LA to San Antonio TX

If you were leaving Lake Charles LA and only wanted to drive less than 3 hours till your next stop and stay for 2 nights on the way to San Antonio, where would you stop to stay? Newbies at this, and would appreciate advice!Thank you all!

WY 220/287 from Casper to Rawlins

We are a 36ft Super C towing a Kar Kaddy. I am looking for guidance on the 120 miles between Casper and Rawlins in late May. The alternate to get to I-80 west from the Black Hills is a long way south on I-25 to Cheyenne. Living in the west I am used ...

G7ARYM by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Edmundston NB area & CG recommendations

Looking for CG recommendations in the Edmundston area. Will be travelling though from June 29 -July 03. I will be travelling with my oldest daughter she'll be 12 then and we're looking for a nice clean CG. Does anyone know what activities city of Edm...

icanon by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

best route from southern Idaho to Yosemite

Yosemite is on our list of possibilities for late this camping season. Haven't ever been there, and it's tough to judge from maps what the best route would be, pulling a 27' TT, to get from Twin Falls, Idaho to Yosemite. We would probably want to st...

I-95 North to South

Please be patient with me. I will be leaving Arkansas in Sept heading to the East Coast. I have read terrible things about I-95 and it concerns me. The route that I am thinking about start at Scarborough, Me. where I will pick up I-95 and will stay...

Massachusetts to Virginia Beach

My wife and I want to tow our fifthwheel down to Virginia beach this summer for a one week vacation. I am near cape cod and want recommendations on the best route to travel. Any input would be appreciated

Hedgehog by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Los Algodones - Yuma

Has anyone gone over to Los Algodones, Mexico and had any dental or optometry work done? If so, how did you choose the place you went too? There are SO many I wouldn’t know how to select any!I’m heading to Yuma in January and thought it would be a gr...

berreez by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Hauling a boat through Canada to Alaska

OK, folks, this year we are doing the Alaska thing. One question we have is about hauling a boat on the trip. Seems like there would be ample opportunity to use one on lakes along the way. The boat is a 20' open bow I/O Cobalt that we haul behind t...

bjohns by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Best trip planner

I was a big fan of Streets and Trips on a laptop for travels but they have ended service. I preferred it to a GPS.Is there a good alternative using a laptop. A program that shows campground would be even better. Jim

jjrbus by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Travelling on the Trans Canada highway website

I recently found what I think is a great website for folks travelling on the Trans Canada HighwayYou'll find all kinds of info such as road conditions, places to visit, distances etc.Hope you find it informative just as I do?Enjoy!

icanon by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I-10 Through Houston

Traveling in a couple weeks from east to west on I-10 through Texas. What's the best route through or around Houston? 610 north loop, 610 south loop, I-10 through the heart of Houston, or the Sam Houston Parkway/Tollway? Should be getting to Houst...

jamjrks by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Alaska camping

Today in the Anchorage Daily News, There is an article about a proposal to ban camping in commercial lots in Anchorage. ( Walmart, Cabelas, etc) I can't get a link to work so if you go to adn .com you can read it for yourselves. Contact the editor bu...