cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Restrictions for traveling So in NJ

G_and_D
Explorer
Explorer
I am leaving next Saturday and trying to plan my trip through NJ to FL in my 28 ft C Class.and cant find restrictions for the Garden State Parkway or NJ turnpike. Im using Good Sams trip planner. I want to cross the Hudson over the Tappen Zee or as a back up the Beacon Newburg bridge. I am going So to a stopover around North Brunswick NJ Wall mart but cant determine the best way to link up with the NJ TPK. I am concerned with truck and weight restrictions.

Any advice would be a great help and appreciated.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

G_and_D
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your advice. I feel much better after having this info.
Much appreciated

George

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
The Tappan Zee Bridge scares the cr@p out of me in a car... I'd hate to drive over it hauling the fifth wheel. I find the NJ Turnpike vastly preferable to I-295, even with the tolls. There are fewer exits and (in my opinion) friendlier traffic once you get down around the middle of the state.
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
I was born and raised in NJ...we now go around it rather than through it...too congested and not a nice drive. Try 2 am.:B

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Roman Duck wrote:
Both bridges are ok with propane and no wt. or ht. restrictions.
Take I-287 into jersey. take it to the NJTP to I-295 then to 95 and Delaware Bridge, Happy Travels.
I-295 does parallel the NJTP to the Delaware Memorial Bridge, but there is not an exit directly to I-295. The first opportunity to get on I-295 Southbound is the I-195 exit(7A). I-295 South will take you across the Delaware Memorial Bridge which has a toll Southbound (no propane restrictions) and back to I-95. I-195 will also connect you to I-95 South which does not have a toll but will take you through Philadelphia.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
There are no RV restictions on the Turnpike or Garden State Parkway. For less traffic take I-287 over the TZ Bridge and continue on 287 to the Turnpike in Edison, NJ. I-287 in NJ is toll free.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

Roman_Duck
Explorer
Explorer
Both bridges are ok with propane and no wt. or ht. restrictions.
Take I-287 into jersey. take it to the NJTP to I-295 then to 95 and Delaware Bridge, Happy Travels.
"You never fail until you stop trying!!"
My advice is free but I do consider donations