cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weather on route?

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
What resource/web sites do you use to check weather along your route?
Jack and Nina
23 REPLIES 23

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I use the SiriusXM Travel Link built into the radio.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
cpd520 wrote:
2gypsies wrote:
Hope you have a good reason to leave Arizona for Oregon at this time of year! ๐Ÿ™‚

Not as sure as I was:D

Oh well, It will definitely be a change for this Arizona boy.

I would suggest driving up 101 through Oregon but check the weather conditions daily. i.e. It is butt cold and raining or snowing in the Portland areas.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Stormeye app on my phone(android).

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I use Trucker-Weather Just click on the map and zoom to where you want.

4runnerguy
Explorer
Explorer
If you're already in route, I find that many of the state DOT websites have traffic cameras one can look at to see what the road conditions are in real time. Also a good way to see if there are major backups. There's a link for all the state DOT's at the top of the Roads and Routes section or click here. Not all the links on the initial post work anymore, but tab down to see if they have been replaced.
Ken & Allison
2 Camping Cats (1 diabetic)
1996 4Runner, TRD Supercharger, Edelbrock headers
2007 Fleetwood Arcadia, Honda EU2000i
4 mountain bikes, 1 canoe, 4 tents, 8 sleeping bags, 2 backpacks
(You get the idea!)

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Hope you have a good reason to leave Arizona for Oregon at this time of year! ๐Ÿ™‚

Not as sure as I was:D

Oh well, It will definitely be a change for this Arizona boy.
Jack and Nina

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
agesilaus wrote:
Second Chance wrote:
Weather Underground (Wunderground.com). They have a road trip weather tool, as well.

Ditto on Wunderground.

Link to the Trip Planner is Trip Planner

I use this a few days a out before the trip, and check DOT cameras when it's time to head out.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We rely on Raindar App for our tablet. Saved our bacon on many a trip. Really accurate. Not a ton of info, just radar info. But non the less great for us.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. Good info, I didn't realize that Wunderground.com had a trip planning function.
We are currently in Roosevelt, AZ. We will be heading out when the storms let us, heading to Oregon. We will get to try out some of these sites.
Safe travels!
Jack and Nina

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
Second Chance wrote:
Weather Underground (Wunderground.com). They have a road trip weather tool, as well.

Ditto on Wunderground.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We use Radar Now a cell phone app that follows your location and show up to the minute radar images. It also animates them so you can see what direction any clouds are moving in. It sends us warnings ahead of fronts, freezes, floods, etc. Pretty useful...
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
I like to find the DOT site for each state which has the weather cameras. Nothing better than an actual view. Utah and Oregon and Washington have great sites. (Well, at least is the daylight hours!)

I use the cameras. Best way to see what the road surface is.....white or black.

scrubjaysnest
Explorer
Explorer
We use NOAA's point forecasts when we have internet. Weather receiver the rest of the time.
Axis 24.1 class A 500watts solar TS-45CC Trimetric
Very noisy generator :M
2016 Wrangler JK dinghy
โ€œThey who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.โ€ Benjamin Franklin