cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any website that shows rv parks along my route?

tommymsw
Explorer
Explorer
I know I can look up rv parks by town and such, but I am wondering if there is a website that will show the parks along my route... Just to help me plan out my trip a bit.

I am planning on trying to make it to an area for the eclipse... and I am guessing I will need to contact EVERY park looking for an opening... starting from where I would LIKE to be, all the way back to where I am starting.

I imagine all the close ones will be filled up already!
28 REPLIES 28

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We've looked at most but find Good Sams works best for us.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from our first trip using AllStays. Although it was helpful, we discovered that it did not include "all" options. I'm guessing it had about 70% of what was available.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
djsamuel wrote:
Allstays

Double ditto. This is our first choice in trip planning as it's kept up to date. Just click on the state and it will pop up a locations map.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Rvparky.com

Pauljdav
Explorer
Explorer
Google maps for me.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Helimech wrote:
Good sam trip planner.

This is the best of all
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
rvparky smart phone app. we use it all the time.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
X2 AllStays Camp and RV app

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You do not have to be a member of Passport America to use it's routing which has the option of adding their CGs along your route. Since it's going to happen in the afternoon in the East I'd head toward a rural area and stay at a CG several hours outside of it's path. Drive to near the center of it's path in that area and park your C on the side of a farm road...drive back to your CG afterwards.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
tommymsw wrote:
I know I can look up rv parks by town and such, but I am wondering if there is a website that will show the parks along my route... Just to help me plan out my trip a bit.

I am planning on trying to make it to an area for the eclipse... and I am guessing I will need to contact EVERY park looking for an opening... starting from where I would LIKE to be, all the way back to where I am starting.

I imagine all the close ones will be filled up already!

I use both Google and Bing maps just put CampGrounds in, then zoom into the area - not everyone but a good number. Works for me.

Also Allstays.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

RoaminRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I use RV Trip Wizard.
www.rvtripwizard.com

Safe Travels

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Allstays

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

wecamp04
Explorer
Explorer
Wiki camps or rvparky app may help you out you can find everything from wide spots beside the road to full hookup campgrounds

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Good sam trip planner.