Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Mt Rainier and North Cascades

Planning on 2 nites in Mt Rainier next week. From what I can find, most NPS camping is first come/ first serve. Plan on arriving on a Sunday to hopefully get a spot from weekend crowd leaving. Any recommendations or tips? We are in a 22M Minnie Winni...

Port Aransas

I am looking for park recommendations for the month of Jan 2022 in the Port Aransas area. Thanks

Kings Bay RV Park hit by tornado...

The Kings Bay RV Park on the Kings Bay Naval Base was hit by a tornado on Wednesday during Tropical Storm Elsa. Lots of overturned RVs. I haven't heard of any casualties.This video shows the damage.Shortly after this, the Jekyll Island Campground w...

mgirardo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Port Aransas golf carts

I have a motorhome with no toad. I'm looking for an RV park in Port Aransas where a golf cart company will deliver a cart to my site. Anyone know of any such thing?

Petoskey Michigan

Tell me more about this area. IE campgrounds, wineries, and good restaurants. Other places to visit while there.

machunt by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

night stopper on the Interstate 15 Utah

Leaving Los Angeles in June to Yellowstone and need a one night stopper on the Interstate 15 Utah.Don't want to drive for more than 7 hours after taking off from Los Angeles. Traveling with an Autistic grandson so we want to minimize the driving. Nee...

leesan by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

MI counties that allow RV parked all summer?

Shortly after purchasing our northern MI recreational property with pre-existing RV electric post and driveway, the county rezoned to 30 day stay limit. Are you aware of any MI counties that allow an RV to be parked throughout the summer on your own ...

Another hard day at the office....

It's nice when I can work remotely. I have my laptop and other stuff. I sit out there enjoying my surroundings and nobody is any the wiser!Yup, just another hard day at the office! :B

Driving people to boondock by calling themselves a "Resort"

we have reservations in a didderent place but just for kicks I looked up two new RV Parks in Pigeon Forge TN. MARGARITAVILLE RV RESORT AT $119 a night and Pigeon River Landing rv resort at $79 per night.Marg is not a resort no beach no river no moun...

bgum by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Walmart - Suffern NY

Does the WalMart in Suffern NY allow overnight RV parking? I have read pros and cons of parking there.I have called multiple times over the past two days at different times of the day and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone (845-368-4705). I get...

Travel

We are headed up to Maine. Which is the best part to go to for nice camp ground and lobster food in area