Campground 101
Recommendations, reviews, and the inside scoop from fellow travelers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Miami Whitewater Forest County Park, Harrison, Ohio

Is anyone familiar with Miami Whitewater Forest County Park in Harrison, Ohio? We are looking at possibly stopping there for one night on our way to South Dakota. Any info about it or any other easy access places in that area to stop for one night ...

Parking in Progresso Mx

We have walked to Progresso many times, but due to a leg problem, we would like to drive this year. What is the proper procedure for paying the parking attendants - before we go shopping, or when we return? Is there a set amount that they expect, or...

Frustrating Time of Year

So, this is the first year that we have been RVing, and this time of year is definitely frustrating. We live in Georgia, and of course, Florida, where the weather is nice is pretty much all booked up State Park wise, through March. Due to work my t...

Walaby by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg

We will be going to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg this summer. Looking for a nice campground with full hookups to stay in. Any suggestions?

Free 4th Grade Access to all Federal Lands and Waters?

Has anyone on the forum used the 4th Grade Access pass from the Federal Government. According to the program its grants free access for a 4th grader and their family...Has anyone had any issues or exemptions when using the pass at National Parks?

RV travel films at RV shows

Has anyone see a travel adventure RV film at an RV show? In particular a film by John Holold, nice fellow good speaker has a way to draw you in? THX for you input!

pjay9 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Miami Everglades Campground/Resort

We are considering this park for the month of March/16. We have never stayed in this area before. Any info , good or bad? No two legged kids, just our lab Shadow. Thxs in advance.

East Harbor State Park - Ohio

Since it is -5 today, it seems like a good idea to stay inside and research campgrounds for this summer. I'm looking for some feedback on East Harbor in Port Clinton, OH.Does anyone have information as to sites, experience, etc?If you have a better c...

WrightOn by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sidney, Nebraska

We are looking at stopping in Sidney on our way home from South Dakota. We were planning on stopping at Cabela's and staying in their RV park, but some of the more recent reviews are not really great. The only other park I can find there is an rv p...

Hiking Grand Canyon

Hello-We are considering hiking down to the Colorado River in GCNP. I saw the 3 main trails, and am wondering which you would take if you could do this once in your life. I see the South Rim trails are much shorter, but I don't want to sacrifice the ...

alesis by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

nc outer banks campgrounds

Planning summer trip to outer banks and looking for some suggestions from fellow travels who have visited the campgrounds in the area. Any info appreciated.

Wjohns02 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Okoboji lakeside sites

Hi, I am planning a trip to Okoboji, IA this spring and I was exploring the campgrounds. Does anyone know of one that has sites right on the water somewhere? Where and what site number?Thanks in advance!

Shamrock RV Park in Biddeford, Maine

Anyone been there recently? Just curious, as we are possibly going there this summer partly to visit daughter who will be working nearby at college.Only review for it on RVparksreview is from 2012, gives it an "okay".

Tvov by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

El Capitan State Beach, California

This afternoon we were driving by El Capitan State Beach which is just west of Santa Barbara and decided to drive through the campground to see if any sites were available. Only loops B and D were open, but there were plenty of empty sites. The cam...