cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hot Springs, Arkansas

bsr79
Explorer
Explorer
My wife, two boys, and I plus another family are looking at going to Hot Springs later this month first of next for a long weekend. We are looking at ideas for campgrounds for our stay. I know there are some state parks, national park, KOA, etc around, but we will not get in for the first night till late 9 or 10 pm. We are looking for somewhere that we could get two sites side by side with full hookups that will be fairly level and we can go ahead and reserve now so we don't have to drive around looking for a spot. We don't want to spend a bunch of time trying to level it out. DW also doesn't want a spot were the neighbor are right on top of us. Any suggestions.
18 REPLIES 18

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks everybody for the tips. Petit Jean was spectacular, as well as Lake Catherine. We also camped near Jasper at Shady Oaks CG, near the Buffalo National River- very scenic area.

bsr79
Explorer
Explorer
Cloud Nine RV Park is on our list to revisit. We didn't pull in till 10:30, but were greeted nicely, filled out our paperwork and showed us to our sites. They even offered to help up hook up. Very Nice, and Clean. DW even commented on the microfiber bathmats in the bathhouse. (The mens didn't have microfiber) The entire facility was excellent and clean. GREAT View also. We rode the Ducks, walked downtown, dug for diamonds (didn't find any.), toured Garvin Park, and a few other things. The one things negative I have on the campground is the sewer hookup is in the curb and throws the level off for your sewer line, but it was a easy fix with some extra 2x6's.

TPUC
Explorer
Explorer
As far as close to the action The national Park is great bit no reservations, the KOA is just right down the road and very close. With that said it is a KOA and but it is in a great location 3 or 4 minutes form the main street thru town. If your just staying at the camping ground in hotel mode it would be ok for that. They have an amusement park Magic Springs in Hot Springs don't ride X2 it cracked my ribs ๐Ÿ˜ž only coaster I have ever been hurt on. Be sure to go to a bath house. Great memory
2012 Nissan Titan Pro 4X
2014 Cruiser Aire

bsr79
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all of the pictures and suggestions. We have plans on staying at Cloud Nine at least for the first night since we are getting so late. If it is a flop, we may move locations. If all goes well I will try to post some pictures after we get back.

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
If you've never been to the Max Blade Magic Show in downtown Hot Springs I highly recommend it. You DO need to buy your tickets early and show up early as each show is usually sold out.
2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

two_slides
Explorer
Explorer
linnemj wrote:
What beats Lake Catherine in our opinion is Lake Quachita State Park! The full hoop up loop has some great sites on a beutiful lake. You are about 20 minutes from downtown Hot Springs but in a beautiful location. Check out the reviews on RV Park Reviews and then call the park directly to reserve a site.

2X-------for Lake Quachita. we had some friends who live near here that were being campground hosts for several weeks. we didn't tell them we're coming, wanted to surprise them. anyhow, most sites looked level (ours was 7 cannot remember which loop)with full hookup that was just above the lake. sites are spaced out which we like, boat ramp nearby if you have one.

you can drive over to the 3 springs area of the park & get some free
MIRACLE water in plastic jugs. NOT FOR DRINKING-JUST FOR PAINS & AILMENTS.

they then took us to Hot Springs but it was raining & didn't see much, however there is a road that overlooks city & there is again free water that is SAFE to drink.again need plastic jugs & may need to wait a bit. seems local folks like to get gallons & gallons of this drinking water.

BTW- a security guard WALKS the campground every nite, campers are well behaved or you'll need to leave.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely recommend the State Parks

Lake Catherine or Lake Ouachita.

They are wonderful places and very scenic. Much better than the commercial campgrounds.

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Catherine's Landing in August and liked it. We had a site backing up to the river. Even in the heat the river had a mist on it most of the day. This was amazing. We then traveled to Petit Jean SP and loved it even in the heat. Our site was large and had full hookups with a lake view. As I remember we were in a AAA site according to the reservation website. We didn't do the many hiking trails due to the heat. You have to have dinner at the Winthrop Rockefella Center. Best filet I have had in years! We want to go back to Petit Jean in the fall. There isn't anything close to Petit Jean so be prepared.
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 for Petit Jean! What a nice park with so many hiking trails and a wonderful lodge with a great restaurant.

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

wbrown62
Explorer
Explorer
Bob806 wrote:
We have never been to Hot Springs either, and are headed there in early October. We booked at Lake Catherine SP after hearing good things about it, we can't wait to get there. Then we'll be heading to Petit Jean SP for 4 nights.

You will love Petit Jean. Very nice park and some great hiking trails. I think there is a classic car museum and the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute nearby
2011 Keystone Bullet 246RBS
2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
Bob806 wrote:
We have never been to Hot Springs either, and are headed there in early October. We booked at Lake Catherine SP after hearing good things about it, we can't wait to get there. Then we'll be heading to Petit Jean SP for 4 nights.
Close to Petit Jean SP is a town called Morrilton. Petit Jean Meat Company is there and their meats are top quality, especially the bacon. If you are so inclined please try it, I think you will like it. Enjoy North Arkansas.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III

rvnutts
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to get you a couple of pics from our trip to Lake Catherine.

Brian and Lynn
2017 Ram 2500 SLT 6.7L
2013 Heartland Big Country 3250ts

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Catherine's Landing RV Park. They will take your reservation and leave you a packet. Very nice park on Lake Catherine. http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/catherines-landing/
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi