Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for NE and Mid Atlantic Suggestion

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All,

In August we will be doing our regular 5 day vacation to the Pocono Mountains in NE PA. We stay near Lake Wallenpaupack for those of you that are familiar. This year however we have decided to take the following week off and are looking to pull out of the Poconos and head somewhere new from Sunday to the following Saturday. We are really open to all suggestions which I know does not help very much but here are a few key points. We will have myself, wife, and twin 6 year old daughters as well as 2 dogs. We have a 33' travel trailer. I would like to keep the second leg of the vacation within 5-6 hours of the Poconos (although we would be willing to travel further for a great spot). We prefer hookups if possible but are ok with electric only with nice bath houses. I don't have a generator so we need electric. We are typically mountains and lakes type people but we also enjoy the beach. You can pretty much assume we have not been to many places as most of our camping is done in the PA mountains and NJ shore area. We live in the Philly suburbs. Looking for a place with beautiful scenery and things to do for the kids and adults. Any and all thoughts are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Kevin
11 REPLIES 11

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to go to the Finger Lakes region and can not get into Watkins Glenn, checkout Buttermilk Falls and Taughannock Falls State Parks.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Pa has some nice state parks.Most of them have electric and some loops for dogs.WE like Locust Lake near Pottsville or Pine Grove Furnace south of Chambersberg.Both have electric,allow digs in some loops and have lakes with beaches.Promised Land is in the Poconos and in the Pickeral Point campground is the only SP with some full hookup sites. There are many more across the state plus some nice National Forest or COE campgrounds.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Niagara Falls and Letchworth SP
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hello All... I'm bringing this thread back to life as we need to nail down some reservations. We have narrowed our trip down and I would like to hear from you all to 1- see what you think and 2- make suggestions of changes to our plans. We will be leaving Wed 7/30 and heading to Promised Land state park for 4 nights. This is the only part that is not open to change as we are meeting family there and we love Promised land. We will be pulling out on Sunday 8/3. From there we are planning to either head to the Lake George area or the Watkins Glenn area. If we go to Lake George we are thinking of going to the new MooseHillock park. The sites look huge and the kids will love the pool. If we go to Watkins Glenn we are not sure where we will stay as it seems like the state parks are pretty full already, but this area does seem to be beautiful. We are also looking at Letchworth state park.. From there we would leave and head back down to PA to spend Thursday-Sunday at Worlds End state park and then home.

What do you think? Any suggestions or changes I should consider? Is worlds end a good choice for 4 days? Thanks again for any feedback!

Kevin

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great info. Thanks everyone! I will do some research on these. I am familiar with frontier town. We were actually just at Castaways last weekend and played golf at eagles landing. Beautiful area. Never been to upstate NY so I will research. Thanks again!

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
Frontiertown would be my first choice, easy tow south for about 4 to 5 hours depending on traffic. Second choice, equally great would be north to Lake George and Lake George RV Park.

Either choice would be a home run vacation and fun for the entire family and relatively easy traveling for everyone.

Third choice, Normandy Farms Camp Resort in Foxboro, Massachusetts. A first class rv park with plenty to do, day trip to Boston, and another easy 5 hr tow.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Lake George NY, maybe the new Moose Hillock. Probably a bit far but Old Orchard Beach Maine, Wild Aces, Powderhorn or Bayley's. Good luck
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
ohiopyle comes to mind.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
Frontiertowne in O.C.,MD. Plenty to do. Great place for kids.

x2
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Frontiertowne in O.C.,MD. Plenty to do. Great place for kids.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

Wally_Walleye
Explorer
Explorer
Head north on 81 5 to 6 hours to Thousand Islands. If you can get reservations At Wellsley Island on the St Lawrence sea way. It is the best State Park New York has to offer. Kid and pet friendly (at least it used to be). If you have passports take them and cross into Canada and take the cruise out of Quananaque. See Bolt Castle, another boat ride. Nice beach for swimming in the river. Playgrounds at the campground.