cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need insight on "must see and do" Crystal River area

_tiredTeacher
Explorer II
Explorer II
We'll be in Crystal River, Fla., for a week beginning Jan. 22nd. If anyone has suggestions for seafood restaurants and interesting places to visit, please post them.

Teach
Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."
20 REPLIES 20

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We found the Freezer last winter while staying at Rock Crusher. Try their clam chowder too, it's excellent. We're reserved at Rock Crusher mid-February to mid-March and looking forward to getting out of this cold in about 2 weeks.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Silver Springs in Ocala. I am not sure what date but I was told the Willie Nelson is playing there in January.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We just ate lunch at the Freezer Tiki Bar in Homosassa recommended by Big Katuna and boldtning, and it was sooooo good. DH has been craving some good shrimp, and it hit the spot. It's a hole-in-the-wall sort of place with lots of atmosphere, and we would never have found it or stopped if it had not been recommended. It's definitely a must.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We are coming down to checkout Rock Crusher in March. We must almost be neighbors. We are right by Landis Store. Plowing more snow and freezing.

We live right off of Hoffmansville, close to the Gilbertsville border, not too far from you. Thankfully not within walking distance of Longacre's ๐Ÿ˜‰

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Swim with the manatees? Have they got a heated pool? We may swing by there on our way back to North Carolina in Feb

_tiredTeacher
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dance Chick wrote:
We're at Rock Crusher Canyon RV Park & highly recommend it, also if you need a place. Not sure you could get a site, though.

LOL! We have reservations there.

Teach
Wright and Penny
2010 Tundra 4X4
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
"Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows."

Stephen_Sutmire
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info, looking forward to begin my stay.

Boldtning
Explorer
Explorer
Stephen, Rock Crusher Canyon has a lot of trees/natural vegetation that separate most sites. Closest thing to a state park atmosphere as can be. Large screened pool/spa area behind clubhouse. Many activities/food events. Be sure to ask for a January Activities Calendar when you check in. The free wifi is very good throughout the park and the cable tv has 60+ channels. Remember that the electric fees ARE included in rates no matter how long you stay. Numerous eating/shopping opportunities all within 15/20 minutes of campground.
Jeff & Barbie
2010 Keystone Alpine 3500RE
Dodge Ram 3500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4X2 SRW, 6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crystal River, FL/Dillard, GA/ USA

Stephen_Sutmire
Explorer
Explorer
Will be arriving 1/11/14, staying at Rock Crusher Canyon any info about the campground would be helpful.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
LindaD wrote:
Rock Crusher Canyon is a nice campground.
We are coming down to checkout Rock Crusher in March. We must almost be neighbors. We are right by Landis Store. Plowing more snow and freezing.

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
Homosassa Wildlife Park was well worth a visit, Rock Crusher Canyon is a nice campground.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
See the mermaids at Weki Wachi.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to try kayaking on the Weeki Washi River. Rental is not expensive and they provide transport back to the start.

We had intentions of swimming with the manatees in the Crystal River area, but after a visit to Homosassa Springs and learning how many pounds of greens they eat each day, we decided that was a lot of poop in the water and decided not to do it.

We enjoyed the area and can recommend Rock Crusher Canyon C.G. if you can get in.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely the manatees at Homasassa Springs. Plan on at least a half day. Camp on!