cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

~Post your campsite photos here~

answerswillvary
Explorer
Explorer
Lately there has been a lot of interest in viewing photos of the sites that different campgrounds have to offer. Let's start posting them to this thread and if there seems to be enough interest, perhaps we can make the thread a permanent sticky.

If you have recently posted photos of this sort, please re-post them here. If you have new ones to share, please do!

Don't forget to label the photos: Campground name, site #'s if you know them, area of campground, etc.

Picture Posting Help

**A photo width of 500 works really well.

I am taking the liberty of copying here some recent photos submitted by member 'marites62'.

Fishing Bridge - This is site 60 in the B loop - back-in, full hookups (It can be tough for long trailers and 5th wheels):

More of the same site:

Colter Bay Village - This is site 40, Pull through, full hookups. It is at the end of the loop which was nice.

More of the same site:

Thanks,
Sandi (Moderator)
2009 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QBP
3,571 REPLIES 3,571

Trailin_It
Explorer
Explorer
These are from this weekend.
Gold Country Campground Resort Pine Grove,CA
Site 36

Our Row all to ourselves

Kids Water Park
2014 Allegro 35QBA
Camping buddies are
My Wife
Emma 8
Sophie 4
Bentley 6 months
1 Newfoundland

cgaskins
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some of our favorites. All of these with our travel trailer which we traded last week for a 5th wheel.

Here is our spot at Inks Lake State Park, Texas. One of the most popular state parks in Texas. Great place and ALWAYS busy. This is from Memorial Day Weekend a few years ago.

This is from Davis Mountains State Park, Texas. One of the prettiest state parks in Texas. The mule deer would come up to your site and try to eat any food you had with you.

This was our spot at Garner State Park, Texas. It is a very difficult to book during the summer (as it is right on the Frio River). But we go every Thanksgiving and it is awesome.

There is a very small but very nice state park in Blanco, Texas called Blanco State Park. It only has about 40 spots but has full hookups and is very shady and is right on the Blanco River. Definitely one of our favorite destinations when only have time for a short trip from our home in Austin.

Another photo from Garner State Park, Texas

And one more photo from Garner State Park, Texas (obviously our favorite destination)

This last photo is from our absolute favorite state park in Texas. However I can not reveal the name as it is not crowded and not too many people visit so we are all about keeping it secret. Sorry!

Can't wait to get camping in our new 5th wheel.

-Chris
A resident of the great city of Austin, Texas
2015 Heartland Big Country 3650RL
2017 Ford F-350 Lariat Ultimate (6.7 Powerstroke)

Mamounia
Explorer
Explorer
Lake George Battleground camping, in Lake George, NY, no services but a beautiful campground, walking distance from the village and the lake!

Site 52

Site 40

The park and the lake, adjacent to the campground

qbert10
Explorer
Explorer
This is our site at Peter's Pond in Sandwich MA on Cape Cod.

The beach at the camp ground.

My wife and two kids on the Sandy Neck Beach which is bay side about 15 miutes from the camp ground.

Will-
Self and Spouse
2 children
2 dogs: Mya, Lab/ Catahoula Mix, Roxi, ACD, Bully Mix.
2014 Dodge 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 CTD, Aisin Automatic, 4x4, Max Steel Metallic , Soon to have a B&W 3600.
2009 Jayco 31.5FBHS

HeresLucy
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
MickeyBrennan wrote:
Okay, Bad idea, not my first either. Just thought I would give it a try.
Excuuuuuuuuse me.
:S
Why not just tell us where it is, thats more the idea of this thread.

Yes -- tell people where it is. That's why were are looking at this thread.. for ideas on where to go.

The best posts are those that include a picture or two of the campsite -- far enough away so that you can see the surrounding area. Too close and I can't tell a thing about the site. I might be able to tell you have some nice lawn chairs or patio lights, but I'm not shopping for new camping accessories. Not always easy to remember to do that - so not a criticism - just something to think about next time your are taking pictures.

Add the name of the CG and location - the city and state. I can't read your mind.

Add the campsite # if you remember. If it's a great campsite the reader may try to reserve it -- if that's possible. People don't always remember, but it's especially helpful when they do.

I zip by the picture posts that lack this kind of information and I would have skipped this one, but I sure don't want to see this thread go down the wrong direction.

For those who want to share a bunch of camping photos from a trip that goes beyond the campsite -- with family shots etc, you can always start your own thread.

Lucy
2006 Allegro Bus 40' DP
2005 Grand Cherokee

Trailin_It
Explorer
Explorer

Collins Lake Site 63
2014 Allegro 35QBA
Camping buddies are
My Wife
Emma 8
Sophie 4
Bentley 6 months
1 Newfoundland

vjm1639
Explorer
Explorer
I love looking through this string of posts seeing the various sites. I am one who really likes to see what a campground looks like before I visit because we all differ on what we like. I want trees and some privacy. Some of these places look like a parking lot. I can't stand that or being right up against any neighbor. Sure did make me want to go traveling to a lot of different campgrounds! ๐Ÿ˜† Thanks everyone for sharing.
Vicki

nandj
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some July 2010 pictures SE of Flagstaff AZ (near Mormon Lake).
These are all in the Coconino National Forest.

Clints Well Campground - Site #6
55 miles SE of Flagstaff, on the way to Mormon Lake area.
We just pulled in for lunch. At junction of AZ87 and FR3.
Pine forest with big trees.
GPS Coordinates: 34.55534, -111.31667

Pine Grove Campground - Site #38
20 miles SE of Flagstaff
No hookups but paved, with a shower building.
GPS Coordinates: 35.02820, -111.46149

Forked Pine Campground - Site #11 Loop B
20 miles SE of Flagstaff about 6 miles east of Pine Grove
This is a primitive and idyllic campground on shore of Ashurst Lake.
The 4 miles of washboard road to get here were worth it.
GPS Coordinates: 35.02094, -111.39909

Forked Pine - Other side of Site #11

Forked Pine - Our view - Ashurst Lake and San Francisco Peaks
Have a good one,

Neil & JoAnn
2017 Thor Compass 23TR

AJP69
Explorer
Explorer
These are from last year when we had a PUP (upgraded to a TT). This is at Tuttle Creek State Park in the River Pond area near Manhattan, KS. And before you ask yes it was made to only slide out on the one end, it had a wrap around setting section on the no slide end.

2012 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 264BH
2005 Ford F-250 6.0l diesel

VirtualGarage
Explorer
Explorer
Cloquet/Duluth KOA, pull-through #8. Nice pool and playground for the kids. This was the first campground in a while since we left the west coast that actually had a fire ring that we could use which was definitely a bonus. The only problem was that the ring was really close to the neighbor's sewer connection. We also had to move the picnic table to the other end of the site to get it away from the sewer. The campground is also very close to a railway crossing so there were trains in the middle of the night blaring their horns.

Despite all that, we enjoyed ourselves here and would definitely go back.

newsomer
Explorer
Explorer
FamCamp US Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany, GA.

Actually this is my home away from home during the work week.
2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
To Infinity, and Beyond!
- Our Campsites (Bing Maps)

skylos
Explorer
Explorer
Link here for an entire album of pictures in and around the Silver Lake Motor Coach Resort, Rochester, Minnesota.

Trailin_It
Explorer
Explorer

Maiden Voyage for the new MH Lake Francis Resort Dobbins, CA
2014 Allegro 35QBA
Camping buddies are
My Wife
Emma 8
Sophie 4
Bentley 6 months
1 Newfoundland

lledman
Explorer
Explorer
Kings Dominion Camp Wilderness
Site 182 - I like this section of the campground the sites are great if you camp with friends as they are all awning to awning sites.

I have no idea what goofy DS was up to.

Utilities are shared with neighbors to your back.
Lisa, Chris, Tyler (12), Devin (4), & Tyra (3)

2007 Dodge Ram 2500
2008 Rockwood Roo 26RS

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ledmanfamily/camping

brrwilliams
Explorer
Explorer
James: This admin posted some very helpful information related to attaching a photo:

click here

Thanks for the link. I just made it clickable....Moderator