cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park in Moab UT

keoni
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to Moab in September to see Arches & Canyonlands NPs and plan to stay 10 days. Looking for suggestions on where to stay. Looking for full hookups for a 37' 5th wheel pulled with a long bed F350 crew cab PU.
15 REPLIES 15

Beltzy
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Archview resort last March and will be going back there again this year. We liked being away from the town. They are great, just about 5 miles out of MOAB, 1 mile up from Arches Park and across the road from the turn off to Canyonlands/Deadhorse point. Plus if you like to ATV/Mountain bike, they have trails leading from the park and the the views are awesome too... oh and they are also full hookups.

Below is a link to their site...

Clicky
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax LTZ

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Stayed at Spanish Trail in September. Basic park, but nice and clean with a friendly staff. Would definitely stay there again.

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
keoni wrote:
Thank you everyone for your replys. I'm still undecided as to where we will stay.

We like the KOA south of town but if you need to see what they look like then here you go See every campground and rv park in Moab UT

Some have mentioned Portal but IMHO that place is a joke. It's like living in a suburb with the poor folk on gravel and the rich dudes with their own pool right next door.
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

keoni
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your replys. I'm still undecided as to where we will stay.

puddleduck
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at OK RV Park a couple times. Never had an issue and found them friendlier than a couple other parks in town.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
We were lucky enough to stay at Dead Horse, and it is indeed gorgeous. I assumed, since they say they have no water, that the bathrooms would be primitive, but they were wonderful (brand new when we were there last year). But, we only had 2 days, so then we spent 3 nights at Moab Rim, which was the worst RV park I have ever stayed in. We did look at others as we drove around town, and basically, I have decided if we cannot stay at Federal or State CGs, I am not going back to that area.

But, I have a small folding (hard sided) trailer, so it is important that I am in a place where I can cook outside - and not in some dusty place just off the highway.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pages and pages of Moab posts on here.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We stayed at Portal with our own cabana. Provided rooftop seating, beautiful sunsets, and a covered porch with table and chairs. Concrete pads and the cleanest restrooms you'll ever find. The pool and spa were a bonus. They had live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays...the southern section was only a few dollars more than the northern one.....Dennis

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at OK RV park last year they stuck us next to a mobile home, We have a dog and walking him around to do his biz there are stickers that got in his feet. I would think twice before using this park.
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

nunya
Explorer
Explorer
please check out the OK RV Park. located south of town off the highway. Quiet park, good reviews and office currently getting complete remodel. check the website for great pics. I think you will like it! Thanks and enjoy Moab.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Have been there several times over the years and been to many parks and we are going back to Spanish Trail - it is south of town with Arches, Canyonlands, etc north of town but we feel it is the best park.

Last time there we stayed in Portal it is upscale if you stay in the new section. We did that a few years back but their dump of a laundry and other things were in the old section. And both sections full of knee high weeds. The new section was intended to be summer places of sorts so they built two story places with the parking below and living above - our space was between two of them. The project stalled so now there is a mixture - you can only use the restroom, etc there if you stay in that section.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've stayed at both Pack Creek (years ago with the previous owners) and at Slickrock. Pack Creek (it was Ron's Pack Creek then) was less expensive and wasn't all that bad even with the full timers there. The facilities were kept clean. Slickrock was more expensive and within walking distance of town although it was a short hike. Both campgrounds were on gravel/sand and when the winds blew there was sand everywhere.

Pack Creek was actually a bit more scenic being on the creek.

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a cheaper RV park, try Pack Creek RV Park. It's in town, but it's situated a good way and is very quiet. The RVparksreview gave it bad reviews, but a year ago last June/July it was bought out and the new owners were REALLY working hard to clean it up, etc. When looking at pictures of it, I could see the "full-timers" were gone. Really nice couple running the place a year ago. ๐Ÿ™‚
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at "Canyonlands RV Park" in town, mainly for the convenient location. Near City Market for groceries, near Moab Brewery for good food, etc. No particular ambience but full hookups.

For maximum atmosphere in that region, it's definitely worth it to live without full hookups for at least a couple of days at Devils Garden ...at the far end of Arches, it is beautiful, set within the red rocks, but no hookups. Some sites are large.

We have also stayed at Dead Horse Point State Park and love it...electric, dump station, but they don't have water so you need to fill your tank before going. Incredible views there. I saw a couple of large class As there.