cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what would you do?

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Sitting here in Sherwood Forest RV park in Kissimmee.
Heading home on April Fools day to several feet of snow..
Ya I am a fool.

So Sherwood Forest has lots of trees.. :S

Guy just across the road parked under one of the biggest clumps of trees in here and he has a case of OCD regarding leaves.. :B

Trying to sit out today to catch a few rays during our last few days here and out comes his leaf blower.. (this is about third time in last 3 weeks we been here)

Now this is a big, gas powered, looks new from Home Depot blower!!
Its got power and it has no muffler (well maybe it does.. ;))

Crazy part is its also quite breezy today so I see no end in sight..
The leaves are moving around as fast as he blows them away..

He just jumped in his truck and left so its finally quieted down but as I told my wife..
OMG, he's gone for more gas!!!

So I know what I will do..
Since I am leaving (play on words there .. :B) in a few days I will do or say nothing.
However next year we are here for 4 months and what if he's back...? :S

So, if you were parked here AND staying for a while..
What would you do?

He just got back but is now using a rake..
I guess we will go over to the pool. :W

Oh, by the way, if you are currently staying in Sherwood Forest and have a nice big red gas powered leaf blower..
Its that guy in the grey Dodge minivan that posted this, not me. :B :B :B :B
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL
33 REPLIES 33

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I was camped next to one of the leaf blower fools in Georgia one time. He was blowing the leaves off of his campsite which was dirt into the road and creating a huge cloud of dust that was blowing into my campsite. I asked him to stop and he began to mumble something so I told him NOT to blow dust in my direction AGAIN. Blower man decided he didn't want to tangle with me after seeing my determination to put a stop to the stupidity
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good story! I suspect he got the rake because someone else didn't like the blower noise. I've heard some blowers that sounded like Harley Ds.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Taking a leaf blower to a campground is like taking a vacuum cleaner to a Holiday Inn. Just sayin'....
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Leaf blowers should be banned anywhere and any time. Get a rake you lazy so & so's!!
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
A truly OCD person would call it CDO with the letters in order, the way they should be.

It is in the right order. It's Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. I'm neurotic. I know these things! :B

I realize you are on vacation, but if your neighbor at home leaf-blowed like that would it be an issue there? Me, I hate leaf-blowers, including the one my hubby uses. And chainsaws, lawn-mowers and other small-engine machines. I am highly noise-sensitive which stems back from when I was hypoglycemic. I'm diabetic now and do you think it would balance off??? Oh, NOOOOOO, it's worse! Oh, did I tell you I sometimes ramble??? :B So if the noise bothers me I just grab my MP3 so all I can hear is music.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Do nothing, sounds like pretty soon you'll be using a gasoline operated snow blower once you go back home! Enjoy the leaves!

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Ah, the generator police have shown up!! Actually, I would take a generator running over a leaf blower anyday!!! Guess we need to start looking at leaf blower noise levels and which color is quieter!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Once a week... I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. Sounds like a perfect time to go for a nice walk and enjoy the warm Florida weather. We got back at the beginning of March and have had 3 more snow storms since then. Enjoy the warmth, ignore occasional noise.

Ditto
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
v10superduty,

Sorry, I thought you were being serious.

Of course, you just could be having the "want to get home now but can't" disorder.

The first year ever it's attacked us because we still have ice piled a foot high across the end of both our driveways (more than 2-1/2 months of not being cleared) from the settling snow the plow trucks pushed there. Never had a bit of snow or ice there when we got back by or before mid-march in the past but this winter has been very cold both down here and up there. Only difference is there's no snow down here but did have lots of rain and cold. We are over 150 miles south into Florida and that's not normal. North of us up in Tallahassee they had freezing the night before last and good grief, it's almost april! The spring breakers on the coast down the road from us we'd talked to had ice on their tents also and they had NO heat or electric. BRRRR!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
We got back at the beginning of March and have had 3 more snow storms since then. Enjoy the warmth, ignore occasional noise.

We are bout 30 hrs drive to get back home. Our grandson just told us the garbage truck could not get down out street today (cul-de-sac)as the snow banks are still so high the road has narrowed up to where they couldn't fit??
Re - the warmth and noise
Yes and yes, thank you

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Camper wrote:
A truly OCD person would call it CDO with the letters in order, the way they should be.

???
Sorry, you lost me.. :h
Never made it past high schools don't understand this.

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
travelnutz wrote:
How about you?

Well sorry T-nutz, I tries to write that with a bit of humour but sounds like you took me too serious?

As far as my yard..

Well our main home is a condo but that's only bout 4 months a year now. No leaf blowing or snow shovelling there.
Our summer seasonal RV place at lake is 5 months and yes I do have a blower, and a trimmer (18v battery Ryobi), 12v electric lawnmower and a rake and we do keep it tidy in case you stop by. :B

As far as blower dude, I have seen him in action the 3 times but we are gone half the time so it may be an everyday thing?

It really don't bother me, just seems a losing battle with the wind and fresh fall every few minutes.
Everyone else just seems to let mother nature move them away/around. :@

Anyway if we are neighbours next season it will be all fine. :B

Mr__Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Camper
Mrs. Camper
Fuzzy Kids = Tipper(RIP), PoLar(RIP), Ginger, Pasha
2013 Open Range Light; 274ORLS
2004 Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel
Retired and love spending the kid's inheritance

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Once a week... I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. Sounds like a perfect time to go for a nice walk and enjoy the warm Florida weather. We got back at the beginning of March and have had 3 more snow storms since then. Enjoy the warmth, ignore occasional noise.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be glad he don't have his Generator fired up.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers