Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Any of you 'birds getting anxious to return home? :B
29 REPLIES 29

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
NO! Maybe next month. We should be back by Morel Mushroom season. We are just in no hurry! Will wait till the spring weather becomes stable and the freezing temps at night go away. We only left so much firewood for spring.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Just want to mention that it's not so bad for a northern person up around the Texas/Louisiana border right now. No real need to race back to 4 feet of snow unless you're really sick of living in a small space, or picking up your foot (or maybe bending over) to flush the toilet.

Heading north slowly, kicking back along the way, seeing the sights, having some crawdad's with Cajun hot sauce, maybe even a slice of that pecan pie....now that is my idea of snow birding. All this talk of staying put in the heat with the AC running, or racing back to the snow seems just wrong to me. There's 1500 - 2000 miles that you can play in.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
4' of snow on the ground, below zero temps...I may never go back there..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
NOPE! :B
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes and no. I do miss having some private space especially when the wife and I get on each other's nerves. Yes, when I think about being able to open the door and let the dogs walk themselves. Yes when I think about having some elbow room in the kitchen and a dishwasher. Yes when I think about sitting in the hot tub watching the sun come up. BUT THAT IS UNTIL I LOG INTO MY WEATHER STATION AND WEBCAM AND SEE THE SNOWDRIFT IN THE YARD. We'll give it a few more weeks.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I was coming out of the McDonalds at the intersection of I-69 and highway 38 at Pendleton, Indiana last night heading home. I was crossing over I-69 (heading West on 38). They finally put a stop light at the I-69 / Hwy 38 exit, so I had to stop to let traffic come off I-69. So guess what's on the exit ramp heading North that get's the green light? A really nice Montana 5er! At first I thought this might be another transport. We get a lot of them through there, but heading North?... Well, when he made the turn I saw a 6 foot step ladder strapped to his rear ladder, a bicycle carrier with bicycles (or something) under a tarp all tucked away. Quite obvious he was heading home, probably lived somewhere around my area. He was heading toward Noblesville on Highway 38, I turned and he went on. AND! It was snowing again last night!

So, if that was you coming off of I-69 at the Highway 38 Pendleton Exit at 7:31 pm last night (Wednesday) ... WELCOME back to Frozen Indiana! I bet when you woke up today you wished you'd stayed South a bit longer!

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
restlesswind wrote:
First of all...."Home" is where we happen to be parked at the time.

That's because you're a FT'er. Most snowbirds have a S&B "home" somewhere that has all of their big footprint hobbies, extra car(s), toys, and may be located nearby their kids/grandkids. Their RV is used just as a temp home. When it's time to stop traveling they have a S&B place to settle into for the long term.

Other than always packing and unpacking, and being stuck below I10 for 90% of the road time, I find it a very good compromise.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
First of all...."Home" is where we happen to be parked at the time.
The weather here in AZ is just fine,so we'll probably stay till mid April,then meander north to ??.Will more than likely end up in Maine or the Meritimes for the summer.
Life is Good !!
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06

Ken_O
Explorer
Explorer
Nope. Low 80s here in Palm Bay, FL.
Silverado 250HD '07 Duramax
2017 Jayflight 21QB

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Another couple days of zero and below, here in WNY. But, the local weather man reported that there is a warm-up coming by the end of the week......... 33 deg. Yeah! That's how low we've fallen, when we consider that a "warm-up". ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We came home yesterday (only because our daughter is having a baby very soon). We had to dig out snow and ice to get our moho up our driveway, not fun..Wish we could have stayed in FL longer. This year the amount of RV's going south while we were heading home was more than the last few years combined, I guess as a result of the awful winter weather this year...

The_Painting_Te
Explorer
Explorer
Nope -- Another 3 weeks in St. Augustine then 9 days with son and DIL for grandson's first birthday in New Orleans then 2 wks heading for Cape Cod (after the snow melts). Life is good. Camp on!

JohnDoe
Explorer
Explorer
Go home to the weather they are having and leave low 80s you have to be kidding, home will still be there in May

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
As said above, it's now Sunday Morning and .... yup .... it started snowing in the night, and it's still coming down ... It's currently 18 degrees at my house (That's a heat wave!) and it looks like about 1 and 1/2 inches has fallen so far.