cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washington state camp grounds

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
The State has not passed a budget, if it goes not, the state camp grounds will close as well as any other services they offer. Your reservations will be canceled and you will not get your money back.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
14 REPLIES 14

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
Crisis averted. They reached a deal last night as reported on King5 News. Now go camping!
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I think states make these threats to state parks as a scare tactic. They'll find a way to keep them open. This has happened in quite a few states over the years.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
We're at Fort Worden for 7 days over the 4th and they haven;t sent out notices. However,don't think about taking charcoal for cooking or wood for campfires unless it really rains hard over the next few days. Full burn ban except for propane stoves and even more important, No Fireworks.
I was unfortunate enuff to see the effects of one little pop bottle rocket on a neighbors house once. Kids were shooting fireworks and shot a whole binch of them out of a big can and they went everywhere. One landed in a compost pile and caught fire and spread to the house. The kids halled a## and never reported it and the neighbor was gone House was nearly gone before another neighbor saw it and we were all lucky it didn't catch the trees. Kids really got into a lot of trouble legally as they ran away and didn't report it.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
This will make for an interesting 4th weekend....:E...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb and the rest of you in Washington,

Please keep us updated on any new developments with the budget. We have reservations for mid July to early August so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks and safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
I received this in an E Mail from the Washington State Parks Department concerning my reservation for the 6-30-2015
See Below

We value our customers and are pleased you have chosen to book a reservation this summer in one of our beautiful Washington state parks.

We are writing campers who have reservations on any nights from June 30 through July 8, to alert you about an unlikely but possible state government shutdown that could disrupt your vacation with us. The Washington State Legislature is currently in negotiations to pass a budget for the next biennium, which begins on July 1. While at this time, many people are optimistic that the Legislature will meet its June 30 deadline, failure to do so would trigger a statewide shutdown of services, including closure of state parks.

Because we value our customers, we want to make sure you are aware of the situation so you can decide what works best for you as your camping vacation approaches. We are sorry about the inconvenience and uncertainty this notification may cause you. Again, we are optimistic that services will continue, but we want to inform and prepare our valued customers.

As your vacation date approaches, please check for updates on the State Parks web site, at www.parks.wa.gov. You have the following options:

If you made a reservation through State Parks central reservation system:
โ€ขYou can keep your reservation as-is. If no shutdown occurs, your campsite or rental facility will be there waiting for you when you arrive at the park.
โ€ขTo cancel your reservation, reply to this email between now and your arrival date and receive a full refund. Please include a valid telephone number where you may be reached. A representative will contact you within 2 business days to confirm the cancellation of your reservation.
โ€ขPlease note: If you cancel online, normal cancellation fees are charged automatically and you will not receive a full refund. If you cancel and parks remain open, you will not have a reservation, and the site that you have cancelled may be used by another camper.

Refunds will be processed as soon as possible.

We encourage you to check the Washington State Parks website for updates, at www.parks.wa.gov. If the website states that the parks are not open on your arrival date, we ask that you reply to this email to cancel this reservation. Please note: If the park is open and you have kept your reservation but then do not show up, State Parks' "no-show" policy will apply (our reservation cancellation policy can be found at: http://www.parks.wa.gov/228/Cancellations).

Many people believe that a budget will be passed in time. We hope that is the case so that we can continue without interruption to provide the parks and recreation services you enjoy.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
obgraham wrote:
WA parks are disgusting compared to neighboring states. Yet they still charge top dollar for unimproved spots, unlevel, with no services.

I know, they blame the politicians, but I'm not sure that's the whole story.

They're a lot better than California State Parks and cheaper.
As a recent transplant to Washington, from California, I've been through this shutdown thing for a lot longer time.
Both states could learn a lot from Oregon, where the park campgrounds are much nicer and cheaper.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cape Disappointment charges $45/night for 3 point sites....:E....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
WA parks are disgusting compared to neighboring states. Yet they still charge top dollar for unimproved spots, unlevel, with no services.

I know, they blame the politicians, but I'm not sure that's the whole story.

SH
Explorer
Explorer
I agree...it is too bad about the parks and the state of affairs with government inept abilities to manage effectively. I also hate to see the WA parks not cared for...there are some very beautiful parks. That being said, I never use the state parks anyway...can never get a reservation when I have the time to get away!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Its a sad state of affairs that our politicians can't compromise any more. It use to be we got something, you got something, and everyone wins, but now a days, its its my way or the highway.
I'll bet we have some cancellations for over the 4th if anyone wants to come up.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, it has happened before and you do get a refund.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Got to the Wa State Park web page and read up on it there..

http://www.parks.wa.gov/955/Possible-Government-Shutdown

Yes, you might not get your refund right away, but you'll get one, even if you cancel before hand....

Here is a quote from the site directly.

"Please note, if parks are closed due to shutdown and you haven't cancelled your reservation by 8 p.m. on your arrival day, refunds will have to be made by State Parks staff rather than through the reservation system. In this case, refunds would be significantly delayed; refunds would be processed when staff return to work."

My July trip isn't until later in the month, so hopefully the DA's in Olympia can figure something out... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Rainier
Explorer
Explorer
Last year they closed our campground (Pearrygin Lake) due to the fires in Eastern Washington. They gave us a complete refund.