cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wekiwa Springs State Park Florida

bsiemens
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if anyone can give me any imput about this Park. I think it's in Apopka Fl. We are going down to Orlando in April and looking for a good campground for a reasonable price. We like trees and this one look like it had a few and maybe one or two spots that weren't crowded next to others on both sides.
17 REPLIES 17

AlabamaTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
hehbr wrote:
It is a popular place so reservations must be made far in advance

No body goes there anymore.........it's just too crowded.
Lawrence, Dianne "Roll Tide"

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
We were in site 56 a few years back. Our site along with one of our friends sites had tree stumps cut off flush with the ground and limestone instead of gravel as a site base. Limestone would make a slime type mud after a rain. Have no idea what happened to the upgrades that have run up against environmental problems since then.
Now other than that, we truly enjoyed ourselves.

hehbr
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there two months ago for 3 nights during the week. It is a popular place so reservations must be made far in advance for weekend dates. We camped during the week so only half the sites were occupied. Sites 1 -30 now have full hookups including sewer.

A_hitch_and_hop
Explorer
Explorer
This is a nice park with several hiking and bike trails. We were through there a couple of moths with a girl scout troop and saw several bears and deer. It is close to shopping and still away from traffic. It is about an hour from Disney.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice park- we were there a couple of years ago in our 37 ft MH. easy access. We rented a canoe and had a nice paddle. while we were walking down to the spring run, there were a bunch of people gathered by a campsite.... there was a small bear in the tree.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our visit there a few years ago. Here are some pictures and comments from our stay.

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
If you are interested in a state park near Orlando, try Lake Louisa State Park. Plenty of vegetation at the sites and some are pull throughs and some sites have full hook ups. Price is great too. Located in Clermont, FL.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
A very nice park. Big sites. Great place to bike and also to take a wonderful kayak along the river and also into Rock Springs Run. We enjoy the park. Also good golfing nearby.

wanderingdawgs
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed our stay there a few years ago. Our site was a large, gravel back in site with water and electric. The park has lots of walking trails and is close to shopping and restaurants.
Beth and Henry
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD/CC/DA
2006 Titanium 29E34TS
wanderingdawgs.com

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
If it's spring break time, it will be booked especially the weekends. Nice park, level gravel sites with lots of trees. A couple of sites you can get satellite but not many.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Never camped there but hiked its many trails and swam in the spring many years ago when i lived in Cape Canaveral. Beautiful park then. Many other natural springs in and around the area. Lots of good memories.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Wekiwa is OK, nice spring but the crowd there can be rough at times. It is a very busy park also. They started a project to add sewer a couple of years ago but the project fell apart and at last check was on hold.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
"I am sorry. My eyes over ran my brain I guess."

Happens to me all the time--heh.

BK
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
"Sorry there is no camping at Weeki Wachee State park. Here is a link to the park."

He was asking about Wekiwa Springs not Weekie Watchee. They aren't even close to each other. Here is the link to Wekiwa:

Read Me

They have 60 water/electric sites

BK

I am sorry. My eyes over ran my brain I guess.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006