cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What brings you back to a particular campground each time?

racecitypat
Explorer
Explorer
What is the biggest thing that attracts you to a particular campground? If you owned a campground, what would you do different to attract campers?
2013 Keystone Sprinter 331 RLS... "the Hillbilly Hilton"
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 CC, 4X4, 6.7 Cummins
www.campingvacationnation.com
58 REPLIES 58

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the minority since we do not want any trees at all hanging over our rig. Too much danger of damage as all types of campgrounds never take tree maintenance seriously. We love trees. Just not over our 5th wheel. We do not need or want amenities. Just a nice level site with good utilities in the location we are traveling. As fulltimers, our wants are different than weekend campers.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

Explorer
Explorer
Level sites, cable, wifi, clean, level sites, decent roads, good access from the main road, did I mention level sites...
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
For us it is the following
1. Location
2. Quality of park
3. Price
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
When I return to an area where I've been before, if I liked the RV park I was in the first time, I go back to it. If I didn't like it, I look for something else. I don't spend my time in the RV park except to eat and sleep. And any CG, new or old, has to have FHUs, pull thru sites, W,E,S, cable and WIFI for me to consider returning.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
The beach.
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

kelmac
Explorer
Explorer
A well laid out CG with full hookups (50amp a must) large sites. Yes shade and also trees that are maintained. We went to a campground in Maryland for quite a while and noticed the tree we were next to was rotten in the trunk. The people said that if there was leaves still growing on that tree that it would not be cut down. Needless to say we never went back to that campground. I do not want a BIG tree falling on my MH.

Jayco254
Explorer
Explorer
For me it would the space between the sites, how level and solid the pads are, and the friendliness of the management and the other campers. And the condition of the roads leading to and in the park. I don't like too many trees right over the camp site I've had to get on a ladder too many times to remove walnuts and limbs and such. We've got a rear slide and can't get an awning that will fit it. And I'm not worried about the rest rooms and showers we use our own.
Tom, Kathy, Nikki, & Kelly
Pets: Lady - Texas Heeler, Dinger - Rhodesian Riidgeback Mix
2008 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4 5.4 ci 3.73 gears
2008 Dodge Ram SLT Big Horn 4x4 5.7L Hemi 3.92 gears
2007 Jayco Jayfeather EXP 254
Husky W/D, P-3

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We have been to over 160 private RV parks in 16 years; many of them several times.

We don't need frills but like good clean sites - pull thru preferred.

More than anything that brings us back is honesty of the park ownership and staff and good customer relations.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Personality. Location. Great View.

By personality, I am thinking of places like 7th Ranch RV in Garryowen, MT that is a working ranch practically on the Little Big Horn battlefield (see other thread underway.)

Another is Trailer Ranch in Santa Fe, been there forever, adobe atmosphere and right on the bus line direct to the Plaza. Love that place.

Chaco Canyon's no frills campground where you camp beside petroglyphs and ruins of dwellings carved into the cliff.

And of course, any state/national/private park on the Atlantic Coast or in the Keys, where we are headed at this very moment. Hunting Island, SC tonight - I don't care if it IS 34 degrees, we'll be in site 47 by the ocean.

Shot-N-Az
Explorer
Explorer
Location, and low-to-no on the riff-raff scale.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
A big priority for me is easy access and a large private site. Don't get me wrong I have wiggled my rig into some tight spaces, but I prefer not to fight it.
Once I'm in I prefer not to have my neighbor 10 feet away!
Next on my list is somewhere near water preferably a beach,lake or river. A pool can also count as water. Good hiking can be a substitute for water.
Sadly I think I'm getting a bit soft and now prefer 50 amp electric as well!

From there I can create my own fun,relaxation and enjoyment,
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
ericsmith32 wrote:
Stayed at one in Jeff City that was nice but nothing for the kids to do! It was beyond miserable with a 5 and 2 year old!

Two words: old school. Board games; sing-a-longs (off key is ok); walks; talks; s'mores; etc.
Our grands were happy just walking and talking with us at those ages. They had our complete attention and that was enough.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
We've only stayed at one campground more than once and that was due to family. Main things for us is price and a decent playground or somewhere the kids can play. Stayed at one in Jeff City that was nice but nothing for the kids to do! It was beyond miserable with a 5 and 2 year old!
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

michigansandzil
Explorer
Explorer
We will return to a CG for it's amenities. That might be a state park on Lake Michigan where we can swim and fish, or a private CG in the middle of nowhere but it has a waterpark for the kids.
If a CG has large shaded sites (our favorite) but nothing to do, it's a dud for us.
2017 Coachmen Catalina 323 BHDSCK
2018 Ford F150 FX4
3 growing kids and 1 big dog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same as most of the others. Trees, green grass, level site, some space between sites , clean facilities and clear signs directing you.