cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Air Command A/C

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Just learned about these, very interesting, anyone running one or switch to one? My 15k Dometic is unbelievably loud and so is my son in laws 13.5 Dometic. I had a ducted 13.5k Coleman Mach 3 + in my TT that was almost silent in comparison but I'm interested in the PS (power saver) for it's 1075 running watts. The Atwood 13.5 states 1270 running watts but equivalent btu's to a 16k unit and quiet too boot.

Atwood RV A/C

Jeff
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow
9 REPLIES 9

RedGATitan
Explorer
Explorer
We installed a 15k unit in the bedroom of our Sydney. It far out performs the 15k Coleman unit in the living area. Currently it is only used to supplement the main unit, but we are seriously considering replacing the Coleman with another Atwood. Oh, we have used this unit in both heat and cool modes and it will run you out of the bedroom if set too cool or too warm. The unit was purchase from Makarios RV. www.makariosrv.com
2003 F-250 PSD 4X4
2013 Outback Sydney 331 FRK

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Just a follow up. Atwood ac are going strong and cooling very well in humid Tennessee. The fridge, just defrosted the freezer, took 10 minutes and works like a charm. So far, we are loving the Atwood. Pushing 60 nights and days in the Reflection 337

Unyalli
Explorer
Explorer
Dyers has them. Atwood at Dyers
2016 Cougar 26RBI
2015 Ford F150 CC 3.5L Ecoboost Max Tow

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Wish PPL would hurry & get these !
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?

Justaguy
Explorer
Explorer
Running two ducted Atwood A/C's in my new Grand Design Reflection 337. Digital programmable T-stat is nice but kinda temperamental. We had both going full blast in AZ a couple of weeks ago and man, they are nice and a whole lot quieter than the Dometic!!

Our whole coach is Atwood with the exception of the microwave. Not really sure that I like the helium Fridge but geeesh, it sure works good now. Don't know how well it will hold up but so far -- so good.

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff:

Thanks for posting this info, very interesting.
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614

jcthorne
Explorer
Explorer
These are made by AirComnand in Austraila.

http://www.aircommand.com.au/cmsfiles/pdf_files/Cormorant.pdf

Nice feature set, especially the 15k unit which includes standard heat pump cycle that is rated for heat down to 23degF.

Reasonably priced too. With the IR remote control these make great replacements for the aging Carrier AirV units that are no longer serviced too.
2008 Damon 3575 (38ft, forward kitchen)on Ford 22k chassis

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
They're probably using ECM motors, finally. They still far from par with a well designed AC. 330 cfm isn't even enough for one true net ton of cooling - not even at the high humidity setting to bring down the latent load more. Notice the "equivalence" after the btu ratings. Who knows WTH that means! Smoke and mirrors! Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That sure sounds promising. It's about time RV AC's caught up with modern window units for efficiency - they've been using better technology for years.