DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Drawer glide/slide recommendations

The silverware drawer slide open, and unlike previous times came out hard enough the drawer slide actually brokeI'd like some brand/model recommendations for "boat" style glides. The cabinet mounting is fairly conventional face-frame

n7bsn by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Silverware Organizer

When we purchased our new Creek Side it did come with a Rubbermaid silverware organizer. This was a nice gesture but really made bad use of the space. I found this real neat poplar hobby wood at Home Depot that I cut down to size and made my own or...

Pics of my new wood flooring

Finally installed some "wood" flooring in my Rv. I've always wanted to do this to an Rv, and it was surprisingly easy. No more heinous beige carpet everywhere, and infinitely easier to clean. I used Allure flooring from Home Depot. It took 2.5 boxes ...

wrybread by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Need a small breaker panel to finish Inverter Replacement

I am looking for a small breaker panel that will take a 30amp main from my inverter output terminals and has room for at least 2 @ 20AMP breakers to protect the coach outlets. It needs to be surface mount and "pretty small" to fit into the inverter ...

LED Bulb Upgrade

Hey guys. I wanted to change out all the bulbs in the trailer to LED. my unit has the 12v Type 921 bulbs. I wanted to know what everyone with this bulb type chose to change it with. How many lumens did you go, did you stick with the warm white or go ...

DCamp84 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Have you tried this Bluetooth Outdoor Speaker w/LED Light

It's rather interesting. At times we would like a little music outside while watching the sun set. This is a combination speaker and outside light. What you do is replace your current outside light with it.The light is bright if you want it to be,...

Trackrig by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh Water Pump? Replace with OEM or Upgrade??

My pump for my fresh water tank has finally quit pumping, was acting up some last year, but wouldn't do anything this weekend.Question when replacing it stay with the same specs? Or get one that can pump more gallons per minute?Where and when I'm ca...

Want roof reseal in Arizona

I'm hoping some locals here in the phoenix area can recommend a company or individual for resealing my 2004 Forest River.I prefer recommendations rather than cold calling.Thanks in advance

Electric 6 point leveling system

Would like to know if anyone has purchased this system from camping world and installed on their 5er?If so can it be done with just bolting it on?How difficult was it? How difficult was it tying the landing gear into the system? Are the installation ...

Toolguy5 by Explorer II
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sheet Metal Screws vs. Wood Screws

I'm getting ready to mount my solar panels to my 5ver roof. It's 3/8" plywood. I'm planning two screws per bracket and four brackets per panel. I bought stainless steel screws for the mounting and plan to screw the bracket directly to the plywood thr...

I just added a 50 amp supply to my trailer

We have a brand new 40 foot long Forest River trailer that only has a thirty amp 120 volt supply. It has a 15,000 BTU AC unit and a residential refrigerator. Three different times the 30 amp breaker would pop and I couldn't quite figure out why Then ...

NanciL by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Carrier air V thermostat relocation

I have a carrier air v roof unit in my 2008 savoy lx. The thermostat has gone out on the unit so i'd like to convert it to a regular wall thermostat. Right now it is still wired the factory way with the remote control but I am looking for any pointer...

Replacement of window

I have a window that needs to be replaced and haven't really found anything promising on Google searches. Anyone have a link to a vendor.The window is approximately 54 wide x 24 high, small fixed on each end with three jealousy panes in the center se...