DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Needing locating locating wheel

Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a spare tire for my utility trailer - which was converted from a 1970 travel trailer. It's a pretty unusual lug pattern and I'm having a heckuva hard time. I'd rather not have to replace whole axle/wheels/tires sinc...

nataz by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Vortex fan install Wiring Questions

There was a post on here awhile ago Fan Install thread on replacing this fan and adding a wall switch versus the supplied switch. I'm not that versed with electric so i had a question how was this wired to make it operate correctly? Thanks in advance...

Honeywell RTH5100B Thermostat

The thermostat upgrade is a very common upgrade and lots of information is available on this forum. I wanted to add the specific model I used for others that may be searching.Honeywell RTH5100B 1025 Deluxe Manual Thermostat I picked this specific mo...

Support for larger TV

I'm proposing replacing my Jensen TV (the OEM one) with a larger LED TV and adding a swivel mount and a PSW inverter.How difficult would it be to secure the mount in the wall adjacent to the refrigerator? Is there room for hardware? How accessible ...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Mounting mirror on bathroom door.

Our tt has the hollow core bathroom door that is typically installed on the entry level trailers, and I would like to mount a longish mirror on said door.Given the very thin door material I'm wondering what the best way to do this would be?The door m...

Wrace by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Where did Walts RV surplus in CA go?!?!

Walts RV surplus was my go to place for inexpensive salvaged and surplus parts. They had row and rows of stuff. If it belongs in or on an rv they had it! I called a few weeks ago because Im adding a window to my enclosed trailer. I would just get a f...

Renogy Foldable Solar Suitcase

Has anyone used this portable solar charging system? It looks pretty cool and cheaper than buying a generator to keep my batteries charged.http://www.renogy-store.com/Renogy-100W-12V-Mono-Portable-Solar-Suitcase-p/kit-stcs100d.htm

JohnnyE_ by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Add Captain's Chairs?

DW would like to convert our Sprinter front seats to Captain's Chairs so they can be turned around. We have seen some at the RV show in Sprinters.It appears that it only needs the center section of the mount with the bearing and levers in order to w...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Simple Night Light Mod

I recently ran across a brilliant idea from someone on this forum for a night light. They were using a Red LED. I thought that was a brilliant idea as Red does not tend to be as bright or throw shadows like white bulbs.What I needed:- 1 LED SMD 42 ...

WHAT THE HECK ARE THEY CALLED?

I was trying to search for the those little things that divert the water away from your rig. You see them on all the corners and what not on your rigs.