DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

a television question

Could I please get some input? We have a 2002 rv with an old, analog television.I just bought a new smart tv, which my husband is going to install in the rv.We have some kind on antennae (batwing?) on the roof which we half-heartedly tried once, did...

Remove bunkbeds to make work space?

I am going to be living full time this summer in my 35' TT and working online from there. There is a work surface at the rear of the trailer but it is very small and I am thinking of removing the two bunkbeds that are on the opposite wall. The upper ...

Removing Decals

Anyone know of an easy way to remove the factory decals from a vinyl? sided travel trailer? I have a 2008 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 21MBLE and the Ameri-Lite decals are pealing and torn. The body panels are in perfect condition, so I don't want to risk d...

frethel by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cabinet Door Fix

Seriously, I don't know what to call this and thus I am at a loss to describe it easily. But you'll understand my issue quickly enough.I have 3 storage areas in my camper, above a window, in which the doors life up. Not, left, not right, but up. Yet,...

Propane extension

Hello All ---Been searching around for this topic and there seems to be some conflicting info... so asking for personal experience with tapping into an RV propane line...My 5er has two 20# propane tanks with the standard auto-switching regulator. I ...

Replacing OEM sink faucet set

Plumbing is not my forte but I can do simple, straightforward stuff. DW wants a new kitchen faucet. I saw this in CW.Has anyone installed one? How'd it go?Teach

Refer Vent Blockage

Ok, so I know there have been hundreds of vent fan installations posted here... But even if you don't plan on, or don't want to install a vent fan, you may want to check for airflow obstructions.I know the southeastern summer is going to be a hot on...

Radiator bug / debris protection

Just purchased a Fleetwood Storm 2015. The front grill has large spaces and I think the radiator and tranny cooler fins need additional protection. I have looked at mesh guards to be placed over the radiator etc. on the inside. Any thoughts will be a...

How to stay cool?

As the summer temperatures approach in Phoenix, Arizona, we're wondering how we'll stay cool on our weekend boondocking trips. Our truck camper has an A/C unit and we do carry a generator to use the A/C while boondocking if needed.However, many time...

jornvango by Explorer II
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

tankless water heater

I am putting camping quarters in an aluminum horse trailer. I want a shower and am thinking about a tankless water heater and have several questions. Can I use a tankless water heater designed for a home? What about an electric tankless water heater?...

solar powered refer vent fan?

Does anyone have thoughts about using a small solar panel to power refer vent fans? Harbor Freight has a solar panel with plenty of output for up to three 12 volt fans ( I didn't buy it because it didn't say it was weather proof). Solar wouldn't use ...

Drawer slides

In the never ending list of things repair & upgrade drawer slides have almost reached the top of the priority list.Living where I do there are no big box hardware stores within hundreds of miles & a very expensive airline flight for any chance of a t...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Factory Dinette For a Few Years Then Put It Back?

Looking at getting a Class C rig and will be solo'ing so I really don't need a dinette set. I'd rather remove it and put in a standard computer desk and chair. I'd eat my meals at the desk.However, should I ever decide to sell the rig I'd want to loo...

Jedidad by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes