DIY Maintenance
RV projects you can tackle on your own with a few friendly pointers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

No More Crankup Antenna!!!!

After looking at some newer RV's I see they are using the King Jack antenna without a crankup. Looked at there web site to see the newer units that just turn and are on a short Stantion.So I figured why not convert my crank up so I never have to cran...

Plastic Storage Container Help

I've been looking for a specific size of plastic storage container with lid for my rear storage. The opening is only 12" in height and it's 36" deep by 79" wide. I've been looking in the 10"Hx24"Wx36"L size range, but all I can find are under bed c...

Solar panel system advice/personal experiences please

Hello I am seeking information from those that have these installed. How many panels/watts do you need for the load your using? What controller do you recommend? I will be using 2 - 6 volt batteries, which ones do you recommend? Wind turbine a goo...

Portable Solar Advice Needed

My RV has a 160 panel on the roof. I'm looking for about 100 watt portable unit. I haven't decided on the wattage yet, but I think anything under 120 watts might be beneficial for my situation.What brand do you have and why?Is it just as simple as ...

CHF

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 28287276

Question on replacing vinyl sheet flooring

Looks like a combination of old age and this Winter's severe temperature was too much for the vinyl flooring in my fiver - it ripped/cracked from one side to the other.Must have shrunk first as 1/4" was pulled out from under the floor heat register.M...

Adding a cleanout to dump at your home in LA

Has anyone looked into the legality of adding a clean out to the sewer line on your property in Los Angeles? I'm sure there are many that have done it and use it all the time. Wonder if there is a fine. I suppose if it's done discretely and there ...

SFVdave by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Which aux propane tank for Weber Q?

I know many of us love our Weber Q's but have different methods of "gassing" them. I would like to get away from the 1lb tanks! We usually cook away from the 5'r so I would like to get a smaller tank for the "Q". I have been looking at a Manchester 5...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Mounting Flat Screen TV and access to cabinet behind

At a RV show I saw a Class A RV that had a TV mounted in front of a cabinet opening and it was able to be lifted up to access the cabinet behind. I forgot the make of the RV.Does anyone know if there is something like this that can be purchased or ev...

OldFogie by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

30 amp Furrion inlet and sewer hose compartment

Added My detachable power cord and changed the door on the cord holder to make it my sewer hose keeper. The cord hole had a metal box welded to the frame so just added a bigger door and my 15ft Rhino fits and the small dump hose also. Just need to d...

Best way to remove caulking from TT's gel coat...

Hello, everyone. I've decided to replace my TT's kitchen vent after losing several outside door/flappers that blew off at road speed (yes, I did have the latches thrown).After removing the old vent,(a poor design compared to my new one)I've got some ...

Rubber bumper ends

How does everybody keep the rear rubber bumper caps from working them self out? I had a long pin through my last trailer but looking for something a little nicer for the new trailer. I am storing my 4x4 blocks in there. Hate for one to come out going...